Fire destroys Pattaya area theme restaurant and cafe-for the second time!

snoop1130

8124-768x576.jpg

A fire broke out at a restaurant and cafe decorated with large amusement park-style structures near the Pattaya Courthouse this morning (August 5th). The damage is estimated in the millions of baht.

The same cafe caught fire last September while under construction.

The Pattaya City Police were notified of the fire at 10:30 A.M. at the Fairy Sweet Village restaurant and café’ near the Pattaya Provincial Court on Phra Tamnuk Road.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/05/fire-destroys-pattaya-area-theme-restaurant-and-cafe-for-the-second-time/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

"Back home" investigators would almost immediately be looking at the insurance policy (once they determined the cause of the fire of course).

Like they say, when in doubt, follow the money !

The place is located meters away from the entrance to the Courthouse complex. Probably not a lot of business though (just like every other business in the hospitality industry right now).

The story I read (somewhere else) mentioned they'd used a lot of some kind of foam in the construction, which apparently was also a factor in the last fire.

(Might want to think about using a different contractor next time !)

• Haha 1

It might have to do with the location. Previously at the same or very, very close location there was a place called "Wood Box" or so. A culinary desaster and the "Fairy Sweet" thing lacks inspiration as well. 
Maybe call in the exorcists to rid the place from all those ghosts - latter eventually related to the neighbour to the right? 

• Haha 1

On 8/6/2021 at 9:52 AM, mikebell said:

Luckily the owner had renewed his insurance policy the previous week - again.

So it's another 'act of god' for the insurance to sort out. Two 'acts of god' in a year seems a little suspicious though, it's getting to be a nice little earner.

22 hours ago, soalbundy said:

So it's another 'act of god' for the insurance to sort out. Two 'acts of god' in a year seems a little suspicious though, it's getting to be a nice little earner.

My experience with Thai insurance companies (admittedly only on cars) suggests the agents are on commission on how much they pay OUT!  I got rear-ended by a pick-up doing 150+ near Bangkok/Pattaya hospital.  My agent pinpointed the point of impact to .005 cms off centre of my rear bumper which proved I had changed lanes so it was my fault!

• Like 1