Bangkok Bank NEW direct deposit service.

Currently I am receiving my US social security benefits by direct deposit  into my Bangkok Bank account. This is the old style direct deposit, whereby all transactions must be made ONLY by myself in person, I cannot have an ATM card or automatic transfers to other accounts. This was set up a few years ago. Since then the US has announced that regular direct deposits can made to Thai banks. I assume this would be like my US direct deposits allowing me to have an ATM card.  Has anyone set up a direct deposit under this new scheme? Can you have ATM card? Has anyone changed from the old Direct deposit to the New one?. I'd like to get as much understanding as possible before I go talk to the bank. In my city their English is very limited. The Banglok Bank web site seems only to make mention of the old restricted plan. I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who is actually using the new plan. Thanks.

I shifted the direct deposit from a restricted BBL account to a normal BBL savings account that has an ATM and internet banking enabled. I downloaded the form for Thailand from the SS website linked below, completed it and had my BBL branch sign and stamp it. I then emailed a scan to the SS office in Manila. When the switch takes place depends on whether the request gets into the system before the next month's cutoff date for payment.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-1199.html

Thank you very much for your information and assistance. This is exactly what I need.

22 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I shifted the direct deposit from a restricted BBL account to a normal BBL savings account that has an ATM and internet banking enabled. I downloaded the form for Thailand from the SS website linked below, completed it and had my BBL branch sign and stamp it. I then emailed a scan to the SS office in Manila. When the switch takes place depends on whether the request gets into the system before the next month's cutoff date for payment.

https://www.ssa.gov/forms/ssa-1199.html

2 minutes ago, mhortig said:

Thank you very much for your information and assistance. This is exactly what I need.

You will need a new account for this because the restricted one can't be changed over into a regular savings account, at least that was my experience when I tried. But there's no reason you would need to stay with BBL. I think any Thai bank can be used with the new system, so if you have another account at another Thai bank, you could switch away from BBL. BBL will be more familiar with the SS forms, so there may be some convenience with staying with BBL.