European online food suppliers in Thailand - Help and recommendations?

Scouse123

I placed my first order last week with Prime Pattaya Smokehouse and it was duly delivered to Isaarn and the contents and prices, I am very happy with. I have never been big on ordering European foods but with now over two years without returning to buy in the UK, and this year looks a No-Go as well, I wanted to try them. I am just full up with Thai food at the minute, and craving some of my own stuff.

The first time ever I am feeling like this!

I have placed another order today with Expat foods Thailand, (I think they are Pattaya based as well) today for a decent order with a 350 baht delivery charge. However, they have the polystyrene foam box, transport and dry ice to consider in these delivery charges. So placing a decent sized order makes sense.

Up here there are only the spicy local sausages which you get with toenails and everything usually bursting full of fat, or from Makro which have not much taste. Cheeses are not up to much either at 209 baht for 250 grams with not much choice and the local bacon at Tesco is just garbage.

Also, I find that the cheeses I have ordered ( and plenty of them) from Expat foods to be surprisingly a lot cheaper than Tesco Lotus, I wasn't expecting that, and the range obviously superior!

I would appreciate any that supply Isaarn that are nearer but with the same quality of products and any that I have not come across, there are bound to be plenty. Obviously with Pattaya having such a large expat community, the majority seem to be based there.

I have found an Indian takeaway as well on Facebook that delivers from Khonkaen,(Ruby Murray's curries) but I will have to wait for space in my freezer with my latest outstanding orders.

• Like 2

I have beeen using 3 companies, depending what I want as price for the same items can vary from site to site.

expatfoodsthailand (Siamburi's) in Pattaya have the largest range and the best prices most of the time. They deliver to me in Kanahcnaburi all still frozen/chilled. Their Indian food range is great, tastes like a restuarant takeaway. Also do UK style Chinese but not tried them. Cheese selection is large and can order by weight.

I can also recomment britishop.com and, expensive but best quality for clean food, paleorobbie.com in Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

Lazada have many, depends really on what you are buying. Food Variety in Bkk have an excellent service and FREE delivery inc dry ice foam box etc.

Meats of all kinds, cheeses, stock cubes and fish would be good!

Thanks for the comment, I will look now.

Just now, Scouse123 said:

Meats of all kinds, cheeses, stock cubes and fish would be good!

Thanks for the comment, I will look now.

Food Variety are mostly tins/jars cookies, dry goods, chocolate etc.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Have a look at Korat Chef,  looks like they deliver and closer to you than BKK or Pattaya, I have a friend who stocks up there everytime he does his 90 days in Korat, he said their pies & stuff are all good, ????

I will and thank you.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Lazada have many, depends really on what you are buying. Food Variety in Bkk have an excellent service and FREE delivery inc dry ice foam box etc.

you guys only provide names and no web links, the above only shows in FB and I don't use nor want to use FB, what other ways of seeing their products

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

any links to French or Italian

Sorry no but if you have a good product browse you will find some European and Scandinavian brands, but the majority is British.

For fellow Scots, they also sell Lorne sausage, black pudding, potato scones and haggis (tinned but tasty!)

Has anyone ordered anything from Siam Expat foods ,Pattaya ,

seems to only have a Facebook page, but has lots of good stuff

at the right prices, but I cannot find a way to even get a price list,

On his Facebook page, once he did show a picture of packed goods

waiting to be shipped out, Thanks

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Has anyone ordered anything from Siam Expat foods ,Pattaya ,

seems to only have a Facebook page, but has lots of good stuff

at the right prices, but I cannot find a way to even get a price list,

On his Facebook page, once he did show a picture of packed goods

waiting to be shipped out, Thanks

regards Worgeordie

I actually contacted him, I believe his name is Simon and asked they same question and got the response of ' Coming soon ' when I asked about online ordering and website with products.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I actually contacted him, I believe his name is Simon and asked they same question and got the response of ' Coming soon ' when I asked about online ordering and website with products.

Mark runs ‘The Pantry’ in Pattaya. I picked up some goodies when I was last down there. He ships out as well.

I ordered my Indian stuff from Zing Street this week. They came back saying that they couldn’t deliver because of lack of couriers (Kerry and Flash) being shut down.maybe just a local problem.

On 8/6/2021 at 12:22 PM, norfolkandchance said:

Goggle ‘Nookie’s Delights’ Korat area delivery. Highly recommended.

He delivers to Khon  Kaen every six weeks. So make a bulk order and he will bring to Makro car park.

Next delivery is 19th August at 9.30 am

Edited by fishtank

On 8/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, Saltire said:

https://www.mistercochon.com/blank

@Mavideol

This French one popped up on my FB (intrusive eh?) looks good and do chilled delivery with IEL as do the others.

May try it sometime.

EDIT Italian https://jetitaliandeli.com/

visited the sites, this is great news and thank you very very much   ????????????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fishtank said:

He delivers to Khon  Kaen every six weeks. So make a bulk order and he will bring to Makro car park.

Next delivery is 19th August at 9.30 am

So reading this, there are no online orders then?

Shame that.

20 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

So reading this, there are no online orders then?

Shame that.

http://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/products.htm , go to website, open Pdf,

has all his products , I just send him an email of what I want, sends it by

Kerry to me in Chiang Mai , unfortunately I cannot order frozen stuff as

the bus arrives late at night here, and cannot collect order till next morning,

and Kerry's would take 2 days,

regards wrgeordie

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Just a footnote, I took delivery from Expatfoods Thailand in Kalasin yesterday (Saturday). It was sent out Friday from Pattaya.

First order, very pleased, contents were exactly as described.

In comparison to Tesco, excellent value for money on cheeses and meats, even with the addition of delivery charge.

Now I know the routine, I will start ordering bigger and making space accordingly.

Steak and kidney pies are delicious.

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/product-category/chilled-products/page/3/

Thanks for the info, have just put an order in and waiting for the price for delivery, plenty of choices at what seems a reasonable price.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 12:06 PM, worgeordie said:

For fish, on Shopee go to Alaska King, the have Pollock, Haddock,

Mackerel , Sole ,  Salmon, Wolf Fish , all packed in separate packs,

price good, deliver by frozen truck, 160 Thb, free if you buy decent order,

I don't eat freshwater fish,so this is a good find for me, just hope it

lasts, 

regards Worgeordie

Also on Shopee: Northsea Frozen Shop has an excellent range, very good prices, cheap refrigerated delivery door>door.

Just placed my first order after they assured me that their fish is wild caught, not farmed.

https://shopee.co.th/northseafrozenshop88888

Addendum: Placed my order at 12:15, received a message at 12:30 to say one item was not in stock --- would replace with similar [more expensive] item at no extra cost. It's approaching 13:00 now and the order has already been dispatched! If the products are as good as the service this company will be my number one choice.

Edited by Caspersfriend
Added content
  • Thanks 2