USB keyboard / mouse

RickG16

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks but I have this one currently... I am looking for thin (flat) keys, similar to those on a laptop keyboard 

I think its funny how preferences differ between people GF swears by what you like flat keys i swear by the bulkey game style keyboards with nice keys. 

But like others said go for logitech or microsoft and select from there. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Thanks but I have this one currently... I am looking for thin (flat) keys, similar to those on a laptop keyboard 

Summary: You have to try it yourself. And I know that is difficult in Covid times.

Lots of different people have lots of different preferences.

I agree with @robblok, recently I worked on a horrible keyboard and I recommended the user that she should buy a decent keyboard because that would make typing a lot more comfortable. Her reply was that she just bought this keyboard which she liked a lot more than others...

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

I think its funny how preferences differ between people GF swears by what you like flat keys i swear by the bulkey game style keyboards with nice keys. 

But like others said go for logitech or microsoft and select from there. 

Depends what you are doing... I find that a combination of playing FIFA, riding a motorbike and working on a comp makes my fingers hurt sometimes..... that's why I would like thinner keys.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Summary: You have to try it yourself. And I know that is difficult in Covid times.

Lots of different people have lots of different preferences.

I agree with @robblok, recently I worked on a horrible keyboard and I recommended the user that she should buy a decent keyboard because that would make typing a lot more comfortable. Her reply was that she just bought this keyboard which she liked a lot more than others...

I've tried a number of keywords already.... thinner the better for me.... the one I am using has keys which are midway between chunky and thin, but I'd like one of the really flat ones.,

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Depends what you are doing... I find that a combination of playing FIFA, riding a motorbike and working on a comp makes my fingers hurt sometimes..... that's why I would like thinner keys.

Just a thought would fifa not play better with a game controller ? (no idea but I game too on my computer and for instance the Witcher 3 plays great with a controller.

I use my keyboard a cosair K95 (expensive) great, it has nice switches and a row of free programable keys (good for my work as i can put shortcuts there).

So yes it really depends on what you like.  Its something you have to try personally. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just a thought would fifa not play better with a game controller ? (no idea but I game too on my computer and for instance the Witcher 3 plays great with a controller.

I use my keyboard a cosair K95 (expensive) great, it has nice switches and a row of free programable keys (good for my work as i can put shortcuts there).

So yes it really depends on what you like.  Its something you have to try personally. 

Yes I do play FIFA on a controller.... and it <deleted> up my trigger finger lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Riding motorcycle in real or in a computer game?

If in a game, get a joystick or gamepad. It is a LOT better.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Riding motorcycle in real or in a computer game?

If in a game, get a joystick or gamepad. It is a LOT better.

I do use a Playstation controller!

And yes... real motorbike. All things that involve a trigger / gripping action. Combined with computer work it all takes its toll on hands.

Just now, RickG16 said:

And yes... real motorbike. All things that involve a trigger / gripping action. Combined with computer work it all takes its toll on hands.

I use playstation controllers too. Fifa might be a lot more button bashing then the game i play. Anyway hope you find a solution. 

5 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Does it?

I work and sometimes play on my PC more or less all the time. And I ride motorcycles. I have no problems at all with my hands.

I use MS ergonomic keyboard and mouse. Expensive but good!

microsoft-natural-ergonomic-desktop-7000

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does it?

I work and sometimes play on my PC more or less all the time. And I ride motorcycles. I have no problems at all with my hands.

I use MS ergonomic keyboard and mouse. Expensive but good!

microsoft-natural-ergonomic-desktop-7000

Well.... everybody is different!

Nice keyboard but keys are a bit too thick for me. I also use the wrist support pads for keyboard / mouse.

Take a look at the keychron K7 - I have a full size keychron mechanical, they also make a wrist support for their range. You can tether it with USB-C if needed.

https://www.keychron.com

Did you want recommendations for a mouse? 

Not USB but Logitech MX Master for me is the best time saving tool ever. Programmable buttons and wheel on the thumb is a game changer.

• Like 1