This Is Not A Rumor About

As of the 1st June the Beatles Bar will be closing down. The owner wants to sell or sub let (for ridiculous money) and doesn't want to run it anymore.

As a result of this, bearing in mind I was told late Friday pm, we shall be having a Closing Party to benefit our staff who have only been given a weeks notice that they haven't got a job any more.

This benefit will be on Thursday evening 31st May, so for those who want to help out, say goodbye, or just have a good night please come along and join us.

Spread the word too please.

Best Rgds

Steve

As of the 1st June the Beatles Bar will be closing down. The owner wants to sell or sub let (for ridiculous money) and doesn't want to run it anymore.

As a result of this, bearing in mind I was told late Friday pm, we shall be having a Closing Party to benefit our staff who have only been given a weeks notice that they haven't got a job any more.

This benefit will be on Thursday evening 31st May, so for those who want to help out, say goodbye, or just have a good night please come along and join us.

Spread the word too please.

Best Rgds

Steve

Any idea about rent and key money ? "Ridiculous" sounds scary, however, I thought I might ask anyway.

by law the owner has to pay them 3 months salary if he wishes to close.

Nearly right!

• Severance Pay: Employees who have worked more than 120 days, but less than one year, are entitled to 30 days severance pay. For personnel employed between one and three years, the severance pay is not less than 90 days pay. Employees with three to six years of service will receive six months salary, those with more than six to 10 years service will receive eight months salary, and employees with more than 10 years service will receive 10 months salary.

Labor Protection Act (1998)

Hey Steve, I understand Thursday the 31st is a major buddhist holiday, i.e. no alcohol served and bars closed. You sure you can open that day? Let us know & I'll spread the word if yes!

Hey Steve, I understand Thursday the 31st is a major buddhist holiday, i.e. no alcohol served and bars closed. You sure you can open that day? Let us know & I'll spread the word if yes!

As far as I know we may open here in Fishermans Village on such days, never had a problem with it befor, and we're a restaurant as well so I'm sure it'll be alright.

In answer to other questions re. sale etc, it's 4.5 M for 14 years remaining on the lease. However, if you go through me you can get it about 900000 Baht cheaper.....if your interested send me a PM

Chers

Steve