Vaccine Passport issuance in Bangkok

thedemon

I see the first requirement is for a Thai national ID card.

So that begs the question: Can a foreigner obtain one of these? And if, so, what ID is used in place of the ID? (Passport is listed as #2.)

I'm assuming that you are a foreigner, so this is not a hard requirement?

Stepping through the appointment application it seems like those without Thai IDs could apply?

Most importantly though, what are the advantages in securing this document? Is it required/accepted for travel to certain countries? On certain conveyances? Returning to Thailand?

Why did you get it?

Given the near-term departure requirement it seems like people feel the need to secure this. Just wondering why? Is the documentation provided after 2 doses of any vaccine here unacceptable in some countries?

• Like 1

this is my experience,this passport vaccine book-the az vacc here in thailand isnt accepted by eu or uk so its pointless if thats where u wanna go.according to several eu embassies ive spoken to eg greece port and spain thats the case unless u r an eu citizen u cant even get in leaving from thailand so.....sorry folks but the eu accept the az from india ,s korea and uk but not here,burocrats again.who needs them.morons.az wouldnt put their name to it if it wasnt the same.ohhh god if theres one thing we should have learned from covid is that govt isnt fit for purpose and that applies to most places,a lot have been criminally negligent and as for the place where it came from ..cover up city...youll disappear into the bamboo gulag if u speak of it loudly or wish to warn people of the danger,where did all those drs nurses journos and concerned citizens go,at the special schools brushing up their uigher lang skills i guess.

2 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

this is my experience,this passport vaccine book-the az vacc here in thailand isnt accepted by eu or uk so its pointless if thats where u wanna go.according to several eu embassies ive spoken to eg greece port and spain thats the case unless u r an eu citizen u cant even get in leaving from thailand so.....sorry folks but the eu accept the az from india ,s korea and uk but not here,burocrats again.who needs them.morons.az wouldnt put their name to it if it wasnt the same.ohhh god if theres one thing we should have learned from covid is that govt isnt fit for purpose and that applies to most places,a lot have been criminally negligent and as for the place where it came from ..cover up city...youll disappear into the bamboo gulag if u speak of it loudly or wish to warn people of the danger,where did all those drs nurses journos and concerned citizens go,at the special schools brushing up their uigher lang skills i guess.

I had been hoping to travel with my (Thai) wife to Europe (most likely Greece) 14 days after getting jab #2; from what you say, that's going to be impossible, unless they reclassify the AZ administered here. Ridiculous situation, but one that is hopefully quite easily rectified if the right department could be bothered. Thanks for sharing your experience - that was the first I'd seen of it in writing, though my wife did tell me yesterday there had some problem with a group of Thai students being unable to return to their school/uni in the UK/Europe due to having had AZ - but of course details were a bit sketchy.

Looked at UK entry requirements yesterday.  Seems they will not accept 'mixed' vaccines.  e.g. Sinovac + Astra Zeneca is not accepted.  As this is what my local hospital is giving, ( I have had Sinovac and due A-Z on 3 Sept. )  it looks as if any visit to UK is off.  

Do I have to plead with local (Chun) hospital to give me second Sinovac?  Or wait until Phayao  private hospital gives me the promised 2-Moderna vaccine?

54 minutes ago, Robin said:

it looks as if any visit to UK is off.  

It need not be, you would just have to home-quarantine for 10 days on arrival. The requirements haven't changed, and arriving from Thailand, an amber list country, it doesn't matter what vaccine you've had, unless you were given it in the UK, EU or USA, you are not exempt from quarantine.

Quarantine and testing if you've been in an amber list country - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 10:27 AM, Robin said:

Looked at UK entry requirements yesterday.  Seems they will not accept 'mixed' vaccines.  e.g. Sinovac + Astra Zeneca is not accepted.  As this is what my local hospital is giving, ( I have had Sinovac and due A-Z on 3 Sept. )  it looks as if any visit to UK is off.  

Do I have to plead with local (Chun) hospital to give me second Sinovac?  Or wait until Phayao  private hospital gives me the promised 2-Moderna vaccine?

No problem ,just do a home quarantine but Thailand is currently on red zone. Wait till it is amber zone.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

So to apply you need a vaccination certificate with a QR code from the hospital where you got your jabs?

Yes, you need a vac cert from the hospital first. I don't know why they put a limit of 3 months.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, thedemon said:

The book is primarily intended for travel so can be used e.g. as proof of vaccination to enter Thailand under the sandbox program or for entering some other countries although it remains unclear exactly what document may eventually have worldwide acceptance as proof of vaccination.

Has anyone actually travelled internationally without the so-called vaccine passport?

With the recent introduction of the Mor Prom App showing all your details, (name, passport number, vax ID, brand, batch number etc etc) and a QR code, wouldn't this be an acceptable form of vaccination proof for international travel, as it's in Thai and English and is issued by the MoPH? There seems to be a wide variety of "proof of vaccination" documents/apps worldwide, including the very simple (US) CDC handwritten paper with details. In UK the NHS app is accepted, (for entry to UK), but also it appears acceptable for those travelling worldwide.

If anyone has experience of showing "proof of vaccination" for entry into Hong Kong, and/or UK from Thailand, I would be very interested in knowing about it.

Edited by samtam

I just returned to Chiang Mai after my second Medpark BKK Pfizer shot and asked about vaccine passport.  They were clueless and just pointed at the vaccine certificate they issued.  The process of getting the vaccination was very organized but very busy.  Luckily, the expat community understood that Medpark was working hard and helped make sure things stayed organized.

13 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

I just returned to Chiang Mai after my second Medpark BKK Pfizer shot and asked about vaccine passport.  They were clueless and just pointed at the vaccine certificate they issued.  The process of getting the vaccination was very organized but very busy.  Luckily, the expat community understood that Medpark was working hard and helped make sure things stayed organized.

The QR code on the MedPark vaccine certificate will give you the green vaccine certificate.

Or you could download the MohPromt app , enter the 13 digit code from the MedPark paperwork and your phone number to get an OTP , then you should have all the info on the app.

( if you cannot get the OTP because MOPH don’t have your phone number call or email MedPark and they will sort it out within the hour ).

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:39 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

So to apply you need a vaccination certificate with a QR code from the hospital where you got your jabs?

Doesn't necessarily need a QR code but they will verify that your vaccination has been registered in the MoPH database.

On 9/4/2021 at 6:02 PM, DrPhibes said:

Wife called the local CDC here in Chiang Mai yesterday and they are not requiring travel docs to get the vaccine passport, just bring your passport and your vaccine certificate a signed copy of your passport and vaccine certificate and they will then set an appt a week later to come pick up and pay your 50 baht.  Was the only one there at 10:15am, took all of 15 min. to fill out the paperwork.  Location is the Nankornping Hospital Tuberculosis Center across from Suriwong bookstore Sridonchai Rd.

Already have the Covid Vax Cert. Assume Foreigners will travel.

Just auto- issue the MOPH Yellow Book to Foreigners with their 2nd jab cert !

Yet they create a whole new process, for what you already have,requiring national ID, proof of travel & MOPH visit.They figure that perhaps 1% will comply with all that nonsense to limit the demand to 1%.

I will sidestep this bs by getting hospital to update my existing WHO Vax Yellow Book.

Which is International Std. so better than MOPH book which may not even be accepted outside thailand…….

2 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

I will sidestep this bs by getting hospital to update my existing WHO Vax Yellow Book.

Which is International Std. so better than MOPH book which may not even be accepted outside thailand…….

Thai vaccine passport is required if someone is vaccinated inside Thailand although I don't have any clue why we can't use the vaccination cert issued from the hospital instead because they contain the same information.

If you are not vaccinated inside Thailand, I don't think it is relevant. The country that you got your jabs might issue you a different non-Thai vaccine passport.

I don't think there is such a thing as 'international standard' or else Thailand won't need to issue their own format.

Edited by EricTh

On 8/12/2021 at 6:39 AM, mtls2005 said:

I see the first requirement is for a Thai national ID card.

So that begs the question: Can a foreigner obtain one of these? And if, so, what ID is used in place of the ID? (Passport is listed as #2.)

I'm assuming that you are a foreigner, so this is not a hard requirement?

Stepping through the appointment application it seems like those without Thai IDs could apply?

Most importantly though, what are the advantages in securing this document? Is it required/accepted for travel to certain countries? On certain conveyances? Returning to Thailand?

Why did you get it?

Given the near-term departure requirement it seems like people feel the need to secure this. Just wondering why? Is the documentation provided after 2 doses of any vaccine here unacceptable in some countries?

The way things are going, you may need one to eat in a restaurant or gain admittance to certain establishments.