Xbox Live In Thailand

igotworms

Singapore has recently joined the list of countries who offer the Xbox live service. When will us Thai folk get our shot at kicking some global arse on-line? Has anyone heard rumours or facts concerning xbox live in Thailand?

I have read that Xbox live will not work with modified xboxes or copied games, thus 95 percent of Thailand's xbox users would not be able to use this service if it existed anyhow!

But, if xbox live was enabled in Thailand, I would definitely go legit and purchase a clean xbox and a few original games. Having 2 xboxes would be ideal for Lan parties anyhow.

xbox live....ma nee lao! :o

I would not hold your breath waiting for it

MS would first have to launch the machine officially here. All the Xboxes sold so far have been grey imported.

Also the Xbox live service does indeed detect the prescence of modded machines and refuses to connect to the service. This means you need original games to play on Xbox live. These are very rare to find - I would gladly buy a few games every month this way.

My mates in Uk all have it and are always going on how great it is!

So we have to continue making do with single or split-screen multiplayer for the time being

Maybe Xbox 2 eh?

Anymore x Box owners out there? I brought my machine from the States and love her too much to mod her - anyway, X Box Live is just sweet especially with the MultiPlayer option in Splinter Cell 2. I have a couple of originals that I am getting rid of if you guys want to take them. I buy mine from the States, maybe we can split the costs? Lemme know.

I also doubt very much that Microsoft would launch it here, Thailand is just not a big enough market.

thanks,

I get them myself or through my co-workers who travel to the States. I have some originals that I want to sell. Which ones r U looking for? I have a couple of scrubby ones that I can give away for nothing. Actually dey r not scrubby, I just don't enjoy them. Jet Set Radio, MechWarrior and Kill Switch when I'm finished with it. Soul Calibur II is great but only with other people playing. Knights of the Old Republic is nice as well but just don't have time for it. Splinter Cell I have always played since it first came out. Splinter Cell II, although good is not better than the 1st in the single player mode. But the multiplayer function is AWESOME. PM me with details

• 1 month later...

I live in the UK at the moment but will move to Thailand soon. I also have an X-Box and use X-Box Live. I recently phoned up Microsoft and asked about using X-Box live in Thailand, the answer was interesting. He said although it was not officialy available as long as I kept paying my bill with my credit card and kept the account registered to a UK address then there was no reason why I could not use the X-Box live service in Thailand. My only problem now is to find a cheap 24/7 broadband internet provider out in a small village near Sarapee, Chaing Mai. Possible?

Chris

I've used XBoxConnect but it's a bit spotty sometimes and it's hard to join a game. Regarding X Box Live, all you need is a valid account. But the valid account must be supported by a credit card and a billing mailing address from the country where it is offered - for example, although I live in BKK now, I was able to open one from here using a credit card and billing address that's based in the States. Lor, do U Splinter Cell 2? If yes, how is the multiplayer part of the game?

I live in the UK at the moment but will move to Thailand soon. I also have an X-Box and use X-Box Live. I recently phoned up Microsoft and asked about using X-Box live in Thailand, the answer was interesting. He said although it was not officialy available as long as I kept paying my bill with my credit card and kept the account registered to a UK address then there was no reason why I could not use the X-Box live service in Thailand. My only problem now is to find a cheap 24/7 broadband internet provider out in a small village near Sarapee, Chaing Mai. Possible?

Chris

Thats great news.....I can start an account in Canada....but I have to find a decent ISP! Finding a good ISP outside of Bangkok is spotty at best. I imagine its the same in Chiang Mai. Your best bet would likely be KSC internet in Chiang Mai.

Does anybody have a recommendation for fairly priced broadband in Phuket? I currently have the TT&T Hi Net package but I doubt it will have the d/l and u/l speeds to support a lag free Xbox live experience.