New Chinese Ambassador Arrives in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

I didn't bring it up but I'm just learning history since I am in Thailand. Most foreigners don't even bother to learn about the earliest history of the country that they are residing in.

This is the main ethnic groups in Thailand

http://eastasiaorigin.blogspot.com/2017/07/main-ethnicities-in-thailand.html

Actually you did bring it up. And I don't see what relevance an ancient migration has to do with the advent of a new Chinese Ambassador. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Lets hope the Chinese and Thai's maintain a cordial relationship. It affects every nationality here in terms of regional stability.

I think it's a little to close.

So do many Thais.

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

I think it's a little to close.

So do many Thais.

I've got a personal feeling that the west is setting up to poke China right in the eye, but that is just me thinking that. I can't see any value for Thailand in having any negative feelings towards China and I would rather see them in a harmonious relationship but China does use trade relations to "hurt" any partners that have a contrary voice and Thailand exports a lot of agricultural produce to China, so I hope they maintain that trade relationship.

• Like 1

Chinese thought: We need to make Thailand fall in line more like Cambodia does. We own enough of Cambodia, lets move onto Thailand, it shouldn't be a problem: the military is in the government, the people dislike the military government, and we know how to silence people well through the military, so we should put a new person in power and he will help Thailand to become Chinland even more and he will help us win the South China Sea, even though it doesn't belong to us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, curlylekan said:

Chinese thought: We need to make Thailand fall in line more like Cambodia does. We own enough of Cambodia, lets move onto Thailand, it shouldn't be a problem: the military is in the government, the people dislike the military government, and we know how to silence people well through the military, so we should put a new person in power and he will help Thailand to become Chinland even more and he will help us win the South China Sea, even though it doesn't belong to us.

Clearly, for many people the arrival of the new Chinese Ambassador is functionally the equivalent of a Rorschach test.

44 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Clearly, for many people the arrival of the new Chinese Ambassador is functionally the equivalent of a Rorschach test.

Rorschach test:

Screenshot_20210812-230811.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U

15 hours ago, rabas said:

What does this even mean?  According to WIKI, it is official CCP propaganda, attributed to XI, and thought to mean "to replace the established international order, grounded in free and sovereign nation-states that abide by commonly accepted international laws, with a unity of nations whose economic dependence on China leads them to defer to Chinese political demands.[8][9] "

Fun times ahead, especially since they learned how to reprogramme babies' genes. Seems to parallel pre-covid issues with gain of function experiments.

Nature: The CRISPR-baby scandal: what’s next for human gene-editing

Nature: Why were scientists silent over gene-edited babies?

Most of China's leaders have strong engineering backgrounds.

10 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Possibly yes - a Chinese one???

71 Chinese Children Playing At Indoor Sandbox Stock Photos, Pictures &  Royalty-Free Images - iStock

Super cute and smart children.

Children who must grow up in a world which we are unable to imagine.

The times, they are a'changing.

Hate Dylan, but in this case Dylan was correct.

Nothing lasts forever.

And nothing lasts for 10,000 years. 

23 hours ago, mfd101 said:

You could try looking it up in a decent dictionary.

well-being, prosperity, or happiness: the public weal; weal and woe.

Obsolete. wealth or riches.

Obsolete. the body politic; the state.

You've obviously missed the point of my post; no dictionary can help with this.