Is Sinovac the only jab being offered outside Bangkok

john thom

I live in Issan, so far the only vaccines offered out here is from China, while I read about western shots being offered in the big city. Registered on the expat site and haven't received any kind of response. Am I missing something?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Afaik the "standard" is now Sinovac first dose, AZ second dose. They don't do 2x Sinovac anymore.

I've not seen any report of somebody outside of Bangkok receiving Pfizer, so I assume these are only available in Bangkok.

They will probably reduce the offering for 2x AZ because they need the AZ doses for the people who got Sinovac as their first shot. Another reason would be the long waiting time between two AZ shots, they want to get people fully vaccinated as soon as possible.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

Yes all well and good. BUT.  I've been trying to get any research in the sinovac and sinaphorm against Delta , and nothing reliable coming out of china. If there's not enough good information , why the hell is the government pushing it so much

• Like 1

I got a shot of AZ two weeks ago at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Second shot scheduled for way down the road on Oct 22. So there is more than sinovac outside of BKK to answer your question

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I got a shot of AZ two weeks ago at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Second shot scheduled for way down the road on Oct 22. So there is more than sinovac outside of BKK to answer your question

Yes. Seems like Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, maybe Chang Mai-   But I believe in the sticks there is no such luck-  at least from what I read-

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I know personally of one lady here in my village who travelled to the main Kanchanaburi provincial hospital and had a Pfizer jab.

There are also reports that Pfizer has been sent to all provinces for boosters for medical staff, but reports say quotas are inadequate to vax front line medical staff.

It's just a lottery i'm afraid.

Personally now I've had enough of all the shenanigans and will take what I am offered.

Yeah,  really starting to weigh my options- 

• Like 1

In the sticks they offer at least also AstraZeneca. Several people I know, including expats already had a shot. That was in Uttaradit province. 1 small hospital offering it to all, while part of the staff of the university also received Astra, while the first batch to get vaccinated received sinovac. It really is what is made available.

No word on Moderna and such. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Preacher said:

In the sticks they offer at least also AstraZeneca. Several people I know, including expats already had a shot. That was in Uttaradit province. 1 small hospital offering it to all, while part of the staff of the university also received Astra, while the first batch to get vaccinated received sinovac. It really is what is made available.

No word on Moderna and such. 

where is Uttaradit Province-  I live in Sisaket Province-

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Registration is open for BH in Khon Kaen.

AZ first and second.

Here at the village it was Sinovac be followed by AZ after four weeks. Waiting for second shot on August 27.

(I am over 60 and pink card was used for ID).

May be worth a drive up from Sisaket

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Registration is open for BH in Khon Kaen.

AZ first and second.

Here at the village it was Sinovac be followed by AZ after four weeks. Waiting for second shot on August 27.

(I am over 60 and pink card was used for ID).

Just registered on the Khon Kaen site-  just have to wait and see-

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 9:54 PM, jackdd said:

Afaik the "standard" is now Sinovac first dose, AZ second dose. They don't do 2x Sinovac anymore.

I've not seen any report of somebody outside of Bangkok receiving Pfizer, so I assume these are only available in Bangkok.

They will probably reduce the offering for 2x AZ because they need the AZ doses for the people who got Sinovac as their first shot. Another reason would be the long waiting time between two AZ shots, they want to get people fully vaccinated as soon as possible.

Nakhon Pathom this week I [foreigner] aged 62 no underlying illnesses, received my 1st shot of AZ, second AZ shot to be administered in late Oct.

Talking to a few Thai people around me under 60 they get Sinovac 1st/Az 2nd mix unless they have some serious health issue, then they qualify for AZx2

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 11:01 AM, john thom said:

Yes. Seems like Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, maybe Chang Mai-   But I believe in the sticks there is no such luck-  at least from what I read-

Have you looked at the Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen website?  They have a registration page and ask your preference, i.e. AZ or Sinovac.

I registered when it opened and selected AZ. I have not received an appointment yet, but on the plus side, I have not heard of ANYONE receiving an appointment. 

You can register using this link:  https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Phoned local hospital (Princ Hospital) in Si Sa Ket on Saturday. Only Chinese vaccine available now. Moderna vaccine either finished or not in stock any more (translation not perfect). Expect more Moderna next year!

Edited by Monkey Boy

On 8/13/2021 at 10:14 AM, Emdog said:

what people are saying, is that the shots are only being given in Bangkok and the surrounding provinces there that are in the deep red zone because the majority of known new infections are being reported in those provinces, not in the provinces to the north.  We keep getting info about walk-ins at CM central festival mall, HangDong Big C, and others but always sinovac, no good ones for the ex-pats.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

Have you looked at the Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen website?  They have a registration page and ask your preference, i.e. AZ or Sinovac.

I registered when it opened and selected AZ. I have not received an appointment yet, but on the plus side, I have not heard of ANYONE receiving an appointment. 

You can register using this link:  https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php

Good luck.

yes I registered on that site. like you waiting roe reply-

Locally here in Ratchaburi they are doing either 2 Sinopharm or 1 Sinovac + 1 AZ.  There may still be some places around here doing 2 Sinovac.   Not sure about that, the people I know are getting the options I listed first.