Phuket Sandbox - Etihad - Covid test timing for transfer in Abu Dhabi

Has anyone had experience with Etihad Airway's Covid test requirements for connecting flights in Abu Dhabi? Trying to clarify when my Covid test certificate has to be timed for a flight from Toronto to Phuket via Abu Dhabi. I know the Thai COE requirement is that the certificate must be issued within 72 hours before departure from origin. But Etihad also has its own rules and its site seems to say you need a certificate for EVERY flight including transit flights and seems it has to be 72 hours before the transit flight as well, which makes the timing very tight (although the language on the site is confusing).

8 hours ago, ozfarang said:

@TerraplaneGuy, ubonjoe is correct re PCR test for transit flights through Abu Dhabi. 

The Etihad web site is quite specific re PCR test requirements for transit flights to Phuket.

Not more than 72 hours from point of origin..

795833493_ScreenShot2021-08-14at09_56_22.png.0ce0e8cf22bf03f9158102c3f25eb056.png

https://www.etihad.com/en-au/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

Thanks I saw that and it does seem very clear but then there is another place where it says "You must have a Covid-19 PCR test before every Etihad Airways flight, even if you are just transiting.  Take your test 72 or 48 hours before your flight, depending on where you're flying to."  This could be read to mean that your test must be no more than 72 hours before the transit flight, not just the flight from point of origin.  HOWEVER, I called Etihad and after over 3 hours on hold got a lady who confirmed that in the case of my flight, anyway, it is only the flight from point of origin that matters here.  Hopefully she is correct ????