Retirement Extension 65K Baht/Month Supporting Evidence: 1.Bank Printout of past 12Mo Activity. 2.Bank Letter 3.Copy Bankbook. 3.Anything Else/Surprise?

Having decided (14 months ago) to have my USG pension sent to Bangkok Bank (account solely in my name only) on a regular basis, I now qualify for Retirement Extension by exceeding the 65K Baht/Month foreign transfer (FTT) criteria..  So, this will be my first try at doing the retirement extension that way from now on (at either the Chiang Mai or the Jomtien Immigration Offices).  Once I see it is successful I will then gradually draw down the 800,000 Baht I had previously reserved for that purpose.  Since this is my first try using the 65K criteria, I thought It wise to ask for readers experience on possible unexpected / surprises additional requirements. 

So, with respect to acceptable evidence of the 65K Baht/month, what exactly do I need to obtain from the bank? I think the following:

1.  A certified bank printout of 12 months account activity?

2. A additional certified bank letter (showing what - ending balance?)?

3. Original & Copy of my bank book? 

4 Anything else from bank?

Any other possible surprises?

PS,

I did already read the following 26Dec18 Immigration Bureau guidance from the pinned topics (Subject: Supporting Evidence....):

590231773_Amendmenttopoliceorder138-2557(Eng).pdf

I have been using the monthly transfer method for a few years. I always have a spread sheet showing my monthly transfers. I use the Phayao office. They want to see where my money comes from. I have a superannuation letter to show them. My Immigration office want the bank letter to be dated the day that you apply for the extension. I went and asked at the Phayao office a few weeks before. They were very good and gave me a detailed list. Good luck 

• Like 1

Last time for me at Chonburi:

1.  The 12 to 14 page printouts of your past years activities that the bank in Pattaya has to order from Bangkok Bank Headquarters in Bangkok.  Do this ahead of time it takes one week to get it. 

2.  A separate bank letter listing all 12 dates and amounts of 65,000 b for each required month.

3.  Another bank letter showing the current bank account balance.

4.  Copy of updated bank book and bring it with you as they want to actually look at it.

Number 2, 3 and 4 they want completed/updated on the day you apply for extension.

PS:  Your experience may differ depending on the Immigration representative you encounter.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Last time for me at Chonburi:

1.  The 12 to 14 page printouts of your past years activities that the bank in Pattaya has to order from Bangkok Bank Headquarters in Bangkok.  Do this ahead of time it takes one week to get it. 

2.  A separate bank letter listing all 12 dates and amounts of 65,000 b for each required month.

3.  Another bank letter showing the current bank account balance.

4.  Copy of updated bank book and bring it with you as they want to actually look at it.

Number 2, 3 and 4 they want completed/updated on the day you apply for extension.

PS:  Your experience may differ depending on the Immigration representative you encounter.

Seems like Overkill.  This is why I asked for folks experience. 

3 minutes ago, OneZero said:

Seems like Overkill.  This is why I asked for folks experience. 

Number 2 is not required at all immigration offices.

The number of pages for the one year bank statement depends upon how many transactions you make. Mine is only 5 or 6 pages since I only use the account for transfers into it and transfers out to another account.

Most offices will accept the bank letter done the day before and some a week.

• Like 1