Bluetooth on Mini Mac.

jonwilly

I have had my Mini Mac for two months now and the Bluetooth is basically ****.

Some days Yes works OK, I am doing this post on my Mac remote Bluetooth keyboard.

Once Mac closed down then no longer connected on start up.

Sometimes drops out, just not consistent.

I try any suggestions that appear on the net, usually Youtube but as I say nothing consistent.

I thought it was OK when Blue Sur 11.5 updated and it spotted my keyboard immediately but no, soon returned to ****.

I do feel that until Mac come up with a fully sorted system that Bluetooth will remain ****.

Oh  I do think the Mini Mac is a wonderful toy/tool, good buy apart from one matter.

john

**** sort of excremental.

Extremely frustrating, you are still within the 3 months SW tech support window, Apple tech support is extremely good, they have excellent English speakers and it sounds like a them problem. I would talk to them and see how they can help. They will call you once you put in the support request and take as much time on the call as is needed to find a solution, this could be as much as a replacement of the keyboard, Mac Mini or both (if the keyboard was purchased at the same time as the Mini).

Did you buy the 8GB RAM or the 4GB?

I spent a long time waiting for a large screen iMac, which never arrived, so I had a lot of time to research. I eventually gave up waiting and bought the 8GB RAM Mini, one of the reasons was the BT issue that was reported with the 4GB.

I have no issue at all, my Keychron keyboard was a terrible match for my old MacBook Pro, connects instantly and also a logitec mx master 2 mouse, never and issue.

I have no idea if a different keyboard may help, because I can never replicate the BT issue .. maybe the next OS will solve it - or maybe try returning it and laying out another 10K for the 8GB which I can totally vouch for.

I have a feeling that its not the keyboard that is at fault, but if you want to eliminate the keyboard from the equation, then I can a give a keychron keyboard the green light, they aren't that expensive for a mechanical keyboard, maybe worth a punt.

Edited by recom273

16 GB but as I say it is inconsitant I have to have my Logitech keyboard close by so I can login.

There have been so many comments over the last year since launch that it must be a Mac problem and I do believe only Apple can solve it.

john

14 hours ago, jonwilly said:

16 GB but as I say it is inconsitant I have to have my Logitech keyboard close by so I can login.

There have been so many comments over the last year since launch that it must be a Mac problem and I do believe only Apple can solve it.

john

Have you talked to Apple tech support? If so what was the answer?

If not what is the main point of posting here?

So far you haven’t proved where the problem is.

Just because your keyboard connects to others devices does not prove that the M1 MacMini is at fault, equally it doesn’t prove that the MacMini is not at fault.

It is perfectly possible that the Bluetooth on the computer is only borderline compatible with the keyboard.

There are different versions of Bluetooth, they may not all work well together.

So far you have proved that either there is a connection problem (answer, new up to date keyboard) a keyboard compatibility problem (answer, new up to date keyboard) or the MacMini is faulty (answer, talk to Apple tech support, get it fixed.

Don’t assume the answer.