Posting Date/Time Inconsistency

JetsetBkk

Just look at these examples:

1129051574_Justnowx.jpg.649405562a9b0c8d7c356ab7f68c5602.jpg 1468562735_aug9.jpg.444ec97ad2863e71a0a5438c7fea4097.jpg     1496110450_Monx.jpg.e4bda5f337a535003d30dbbc4886f9de.jpg

Why can't they be consistent?

I don't really want to know the day of the week when something was posted, but I always want to know the date, and the time.

So why can't the software always display the date and time of the post?

Why display only the date when it was several days ago? And why not add the time?

Also, why display the date and time in a quoted post, but not in the original post?:

time.jpg.11877700ed86fa4d851ac0555594004c.jpg

This inconsistency just doesn't make sense.

You can add the day of the week if you want, but I don't think it is a hard thing to do to always display the date and time of a post, as in the quoted post above.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Why can't they be consistent?

You are not the first to complain.

Remember such discussion in pre Covid times.

Not a real cure but you can hover with the mouse over the time entry and see a consistent format (although it ignores my preferred settings from Windows).

hover.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 1:07 PM, ubonjoe said:

It shows the day of week if is posted within a week before the day you look at it.

If older it shows the date.

Quotes are dated differently.

I know how it works. What I am saying is make it consistent - e.g. show the day of the week, the date and the time ALWAYS.

All that information is there.

It cannot be that difficult. What happened to that "Forum Doctor" bloke? Is he still here?

6 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

What I am saying is make it consistent - e.g. show the day of the week, the date and the time ALWAYS.

All that information is there.

If you get Facebook, Twitter and other apparently popular social media sites to do that, perhaps ASEAN NOW formerly thaivisa will follow the trend. I don't see, though, what use the day of the week week would serve I your suggested scheme.