What if employer terminate contract when employee is not in Thailand

Hi everyone,

Am having Non Imm B visa which is valid until 2024.

As of now am in my home country. If my employer terminate contract when am out of Thailand, Is it possible for me to return to Thailand by using Non Imm B visa? As currently from my country Tourist visa is suspended.

I have 2BR condo and many other things to sort out.

Edited by akda

As far as I know it not possible to have a non-b visa issued by a embassy that is valid for 3 years (typo ?).

Initial Non Imm B visa was valid for 2 years. Later it was extended for 4 years. I think it depends on company and BOI. Many employees got 4 year extension with our organization. 

If your employer was to cancel your contract it have no affect on your entering the country since they cannot cancel a valid visa or a re-entry permit for a extension of stay.

I see so what is the correct way for a employer to cancel the extension? 
Mine extension is multiple entry so I can come in-out many time until it is valid?

Edited by akda

1 hour ago, akda said:

Mine extension is multiple entry so I can come in-out many time until it is valid?

The only way your extension can be canceled is to present your passport at immigration to have it canceled and normally you have to be present to do it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akda said:

Initial Non Imm B visa was valid for 2 years. Later it was extended for 4 years. I think it depends on company and BOI. Many employees got 4 year extension with our organization. 

4 years extension? wow, Can you share a photo?

• Haha 1

The day you stop working your extension ends.

Immigration doesn't know it though, unless somebody would tell them.

You can re-enter Thailand with your re-entry permit, but actually that's not legal.

It might cause problems if you would want to apply for some other kind of extension in the future, and you need to get your current extension canceled, then the IO might notice that your extension actually ended long ago.

If you want to be 100% legal you would need to get a new visa (or enter visa exempt) before entering Thailand.