Flights between Phuket and Samui Will Be Resumed on 25 August

Jonathan Fairfield

2861af761b92c3fb221c068d74ea2ac4_small.jpeg

BANGKOK(NNT) - Thailand’s Surat Thani province will continue the “Samui Plus” program to attract vaccinated foreign tourists, with Bangkok Airways set to resume flights between Phuket and Samui Island on 25 August.

Surat Thani governor Witchawut Jinto said on 21 August, that 257 inoculated foreign tourists had traveled to Samui, after spending two weeks in Phuket under the “sandbox” scheme. However, flights between Phuket and Samut had been suspended from 3 August until the end of month. This means no tourists will arrive from “sandboxed” Phuket.

He said that, after concerted lobbying, flights on the Phuket-Samui route would resume earlier. Bangkok Airways is scheduling flights between the two islands on 25, 27 and 30 August. This will boost the number of tourists arriving under the “Samui Plus” scheme, which encompasses Koh Samui, Koh Phan Ngan and Koh Tao.

The governor said, from 15 August to November, 168 fully-vaccinated tourists had already made bookings on Samui, with reservations for 2,149 hotel nights, an average of 12.7 nights per visitor. The reservations were made by French, German, British, Austrian, American and Thai tourists.

Samui Plus hotels to suit all budgets

nnt.jpg

13 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Cant wait to see the cost of said flights.....talk about cornering the market...

I thought the same thing, and as we're attempting to enter the Phukked-up Scam-box in September, this is good news.  So I looked it up.   Bangkok Airways HKT direct to USM is $62 on 16th of September.   ~2000 baht is a VERY good deal.

I've been in Thailand 8 years and still never made it to Samui because every time I check, UTP (my local airport) to USM is usually 8-10k baht round trip!  Stupid prices for a 1hr flight!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mancub said:

Well either the 168 are all solo tourists booking single rooms for 12 nts, or your average couple are having a rather long holiday.

Solo tourists could soon become a couple when visiting the LOS..esp on the islands...hello teerak!....bai nai????..where u gooooo? I gooo wit uuuuuuu??? joop joop!

(tucks gold necklace inside shirt..looks around nervously)

• Haha 1

as phuket sandbox now requires only 7 days stay, there is a chance more would be coming to samui.

But, at the same time, phuket tourists now can go to some other 5 islands close to phuket. Faster and cheaper.

Still samui can draw them now, because of still moderate rainfall. But not for long, around month 

• Like 1