Non O visa extension and expiry date.

Hi all,

I am now in Europe and plan to come back to Phuket, where I live, using the Sandbox program.

I am holding for the first time a 1 year extension of my Non O visa (Thai Wife) with a re-entry permit. It is expiring on November 6th. 

If I am landing in Thailand on November 1st, will I have 90 days like with a regular Non O visa multiple entry?

Thank you

Tom

You have a extension of stay. Visas are not extended.

Using the re-entry permit you will only be stamped into to the country to November 6th which is day your extension of stay ends. Best to arrive earlier than November 1st since you would have problems doing the extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You have a extension of stay. Visas are not extended.

Using the re-entry permit you will only be stamped into to the country to November 6th which is day your extension of stay ends. Best to arrive earlier than November 1st since you would have problems doing the extension.

Thank you Ubonjoe for the answer, clear as always.

I guess I will  have to apply for a new visa then. Too bad the 1 year multiple entry are not available in Paris RTE. 

2 minutes ago, tomaway said:

I guess I will  have to apply for a new visa then. Too bad the 1 year multiple entry are not available in Paris RTE. 

Since you will be in the sandbox you might be able to go to immigration and apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife and then do the one year extension near the end of it.

A multiple entry non-o visa is almost worthless at this time since you cannot easily leave and re-enter the country to get a new 90 day entry.