Laptop Screen repair/replacement

PST

Hi, ,looking for recommendations for a reliable place to take my laptop to be looked at with screen issues, i.e half screen of display blurred and unable to bring mouse to icons in affected part of screen.

TIA

PST

11 minutes ago, pagallim said:

You don't say the make of laptop.   If it's a Mac, I thoroughly recommend this guy.   I had a problem with the display/screen on my iMac last year, which was quickly resolved and some other upgrades performed.

https://www.phuketmymac.com/

Thanks, sorry, its an old acer model

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I always take my laptop to the official agent in Phuket town. Just google for you manufacturer.

Thanks, do they repair whilst you wait?. Ive had a quote for 3000 baht to replace screen, and they will do it whilst i wait. Would going direct to the Acer shop be cheaper do you think?

1 hour ago, PST said:

Thanks, do they repair whilst you wait?. Ive had a quote for 3000 baht to replace screen, and they will do it whilst i wait. Would going direct to the Acer shop be cheaper do you think?

The acer agent takes about a week. They sent to some central repair facility. I got lucky when I cracked my screen. Turned out there was automatic insurance for one year and the insurance paid the repair.  That 3,000 baht seems a good deal to me.

1 hour ago, PST said:

If you are using your laptop at home and not for travelling, I suggest you buy an external monitor and hook it up with a HDMI cable.  I am using this arrangement currently and I get to use a bigger monitor than the laptop monitor.  Depending on the size of the external monitor, the cost is less than 3000THB.  Plus there is not worry about the technician mess with your system and data.

Edited by Kopitiam
Additional info
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

The acer agent takes about a week. They sent to some central repair facility. I got lucky when I cracked my screen. Turned out there was automatic insurance for one year and the insurance paid the repair.  That 3,000 baht seems a good deal to me.

37 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yes, i guess the only issue is wether the screen from the place i was quoted is a genuine Acer product. I was told it would have a years warranty included in the price

Edited by PST