Hotmail problem

lelapin

I recently switched to two stop verification on my Windows account. Yesterday when trying to access my hotmail account it said that the password I had keyed in was incorrect and when I pressed Password Forgotten it said it would send verification code to my mobile and alternate email account.

The code was sent successfully to my mobile but when asked to enter verification of my alternate email account it requested I enter just the parts of the address shown with xxxxx. There were 7 characters missing so I tried entering just 5 and then all 7 characters but it was rejected each time.  Eventually after several attempts it said they were blocking my account and I would have to try again today.

I have tried again today with the same problem and now received a message I will have to wait a month before further action can be taken.

I am 80 years old with serious medical problems and desperately need the use of my email account to handle urgent medical, personal and financial matters.

Is anyone able to give me some helpful advice on how to solve this problem?  I am feeling really desperate. Please, please help.

Hi lelapin,

I have had a few problems in the past with my Hotmail accounts, due to the fact that I used a VPN, my bad, however I have 3 more hotmail accounts so managed to work my way use these. Now all the important  stuff is cc to all my accounts.

Open a couple more accounts in the mean time and work your way around with them.

Good Luck

Win (only 72 years old by the way)  

• Like 1

Just now, KannikaP said:

I think you are supposed to enter your FULL email address. I know what Microsoft says is confusing, but that's how it is.

Do what Win says and open a new Outlook (Hotmail ) account.

I have done that but what about the important emails I will be receiving on my old account

17 hours ago, Kan Win said:

Hi lelapin,

I have had a few problems in the past with my Hotmail accounts, due to the fact that I used a VPN, my bad, however I have 3 more hotmail accounts so managed to work my way use these. Now all the important  stuff is cc to all my accounts.

Open a couple more accounts in the mean time and work your way around with them.

Good Luck

Win (only 72 years old by the way)  

Thanks for advice. I have opened another account. How do I set up 1st account to cc all incoming emails to 2nd account

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I think you are supposed to enter your FULL email address. I know what Microsoft says is confusing, but that's how it is.

Do what Win says and open a new Outlook (Hotmail ) account.

Thanks for advice all OK (for now)

• Like 2