Sonarr for western tv-shows with thai subtitles?

creative1000

Found a few Thai sites that burn the Thai subtitles into the tv shows so the subs are perfectly aligned, but the catch is the files or tv-streams must be downloaded one at a time...its a hands-on babysitting process to get a whole season.

Is there an easier method or other source to download the shows with Thai subs? 

Basically you are looking for a Thai indexer, right?

There is TT (Use your imagination to find that one) SiamBT, DedBit, as far as I know they don't have RSS feeds that you need to make Jackett work. I haven't looked into any of these sites, I always found a snag, you needed to pay money or the files were low quality.

If you had the sub files, then you could reencode them automatically with tidarr, but I don't think you are asking this and you will end up retiming every file.

I always try and source amazon and Netflix files then steer the wife in that direction - they usually have Thai subs. The wife enjoyed a few series with proper Thai subs, such as queen of the south, clarkesons farm, amongst the many.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@creative1000

Not totally connected with your post .. 

I bought an Apple TV 4K and was looking for a replacement for the Jellyfin android app.

I found infuse media player - it has a function that searches for subtitles, I presume on opensubs.org - it worked surprisingly well for movies, maybe there are some thai subs for popular TV - I didn’t check that much, but it’s a really neat feature. 

• Thanks 1

@recom273

Thanks for the tips. I'm also running a Jellyfin (and Emby) server. Been using Emby App only for the LG TV, and Jellyfin App for everything else. Been very pleased that it can organize non-tv related content like school courses too.

Yeah, my main gripe (first world problems) is I can easily get 10 seasons in 1080P of a show with 2 clicks, but to share the TV experience with my Thai wife, finding that same content with Thai, has been a bit of a headache downloading episodes one-by-one, When we tire of Netflix, we've wanted to watch  HBO (Game of Thrones, Lovecraft Country), Amazon (The Boys), and Disney (Mandalorian).

I will check the opensubs.org db. If its easy enough to get the matched MKV file with the same name, then the subtitles should align perfectly without any tweaking. 

Cheers!

3 hours ago, creative1000 said:

@recom273

Thanks for the tips. I'm also running a Jellyfin (and Emby) server. Been using Emby App only for the LG TV, and Jellyfin App for everything else. Been very pleased that it can organize non-tv related content like school courses too.

Yeah, my main gripe (first world problems) is I can easily get 10 seasons in 1080P of a show with 2 clicks, but to share the TV experience with my Thai wife, finding that same content with Thai, has been a bit of a headache downloading episodes one-by-one, When we tire of Netflix, we've wanted to watch  HBO (Game of Thrones, Lovecraft Country), Amazon (The Boys), and Disney (Mandalorian).

I will check the opensubs.org db. If its easy enough to get the matched MKV file with the same name, then the subtitles should align perfectly without any tweaking. 

Cheers!

There is a plug-in for jellyfin that searches opensubs - I didn’t really bother with, but I was really impressed with the infuse “integration” last night, after setting the default sub language, the search for the default and DL was instantaneous, they matched the file perfectly, probably more luck than anything.

Yeah, it’s annoying that there are no good thai trackers with rss - My wife is OK with English and she likes to read English subs and learns the words but I would like to DL thai soaps (via Sonarr) so that the missus could watch them earlier in the evening, so I don’t ???? 

• Like 1