Hua hin over 60s vaccine

portly

Still waiting for appointment from expatvac.  Registered 13 Aug huahin.  Called for info yesterday.  Asked about pfizer... They say no have and heard laughing in background.  Is the expat site BS? 

I am 71 live central HH. 

I registered on expatvac.consular.go.th on 3rd August.  I was vaccinated with Pfizer on Friday 27th here in Lamphun, Lamphun Province about 25 Km from Chiang Mai and the Lamphun Government Hospital.  Really efficient and smooth process indeed considering the place was packed with people.  2nd vax organised for 17th September too.  While I have no underlying conditions, I am also 71 and so that probably helped.

While you may think that this doesn't help you, I have posted this elsewhere and the comments received are that large population centres seem to be being attended to first so that big numbers get vaccinated.  I've also seen a report in the Bangkok Post that 90% of Bangkok residents have received their first inocculation.

Don't give up hope, I think they'll get around to everyone in due course providing your name's on the list, which you've done.

I also live in HH and successfully registered on 'expatvac' Aug 14.  I have read comments on other threads from people (expats 60+ years old) getting their 1st shot via expatvac but I have not seen any posts or comments claiming that people successfully received Pfizer at HH Hospital.  Even though there was a story from Hua Hin Today's monthly newpaper (posted on aseannow last week) claiming that HH Hospital had an allotment of Pfizer.

Like you I have received no appointment email from HH Hospital for Pfizer or even Sinovac (which I will decline if that's all they offer).

1 hour ago, JKfarang said:

I also live in HH and successfully registered on 'expatvac' Aug 14.  I have read comments on other threads from people (expats 60+ years old) getting their 1st shot via expatvac but I have not seen any posts or comments claiming that people successfully received Pfizer at HH Hospital.  Even though there was a story from Hua Hin Today's monthly newpaper (posted on aseannow last week) claiming that HH Hospital had an allotment of Pfizer.

Like you I have received no appointment email from HH Hospital for Pfizer or even Sinovac (which I will decline if that's all they offer).

Received from Expatvac about 10 days ago. And my wife, neighbours and friends X 3.  Confirmed for Hua Hin hospital.  And yes it was Pfizer.

As you register for Pfizer vaccine from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ministry of Foreign Affairs Confirmed receipt of such vaccination to the hospital where you has registered. The hospital, Confirmed Pfizer Vaccination on 24/08/2021  from 08:30 am  - 04:00 pm.
 Please prepare the certificate 1.Passport or a copy of your Passport.

• Thanks 1

I live in Hua Hin and registered on expatvac on August 1st. Got my appointment email yesterday - so I guess the key is patience, as with everything else here in Thailand! I'm assuming you'll get your appointment around one month after registering, unless a ramp-up is on the cards. FYI, my appointment is next Tuesday morning (September 7th). The email clearly stated that I will be injected with Pfizer vaccine.

Edited by andychk
Additional valid information about vaccine brand
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JKfarang said:

71,also Huahin, also registered successfully on Aug 24 expatvac with email  confirmation.

No word yet.

I figured it's a long shot but the best chance I'd seen out of the gov so I decided to try it.

Truthfully I don't expect to get one dose of Pfizer much less two. I don't intend to dwell on it and won't take Sinocrap either.

But in the Kingdom anything can happen. TIT