Docs needed for Covid Extension

If you have had a TM30 submitted before for where you are staying you will only need proof it was done.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Copies of passport photo page, visa (if any), current extension stamp (if any), arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

And this completed affidavit. 60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 583 downloads

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mankindmatt5 said:

Sorry, at CW

If you entered Thailand on visa exempt then you attend MTT. 

If you entered on tourist visa you attend CW.

Ask your hotel for copy of receipt for MT30. May or may not be asked for.

Edited by DrJack54

Just adding my experience. 

Was on a Non-Immigrant visa, completing the COVID extension 2 times this year, until last time at CW where I had to show proof of both 90-day reporting as well as TM.30, which I did not have. 90-day reporting had not been a requirement previously (Non-Immigrant visa from outside Thailand). Long story short, I had to go out to MTT to get both and pay some fines before coming back to CW the following day. 

I entered Thailand on  non-immigrant B visa but the job did not work out.  

I am American living in Bangkok.

Return flight to America are available and no restrictions on entering America.

Can I apply for the Covid visa extension?

I want to try to have time to find another job.

I think nobody is really stuck in Thailand, but I think the government is happy to have us remain.

8 hours ago, brianp0803 said:

Can I apply for the Covid visa extension?

Visas are not extended. 

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension of your current permit to stay in the country. If on a extension of stay based upon working it will need to canceled before you apply for the 60 day extension.

• Thanks 1

I currently have an extension or stay based on working (teaching) from last years contract (currently valid until the end of September)

The new contract is unreasonable. 

Another teacher that did not sign a new (unreasonable) contact had her Extension of stay and work permit immediately cancelled by the school.  (Had 7 days to arrange another extension of stay)

There are flights to America and entry is allowed.  What do I put on the application for wanting to stay in Thailand?

If the school cancels my current extension of stay, what documents do I need to get the Covid extension of stay?

If the school takes me to immigration to cancel my extension of stay, can I apply for the Covid extension at the same time?

Thank you for your help?

2 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

There are flights to America and entry is allowed.  What do I put on the application for wanting to stay in Thailand?

If the school cancels my current extension of stay, what documents do I need to get the Covid extension of stay?

You can just tick covid in the box or more than one on this affidavit you will need to complete. 

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 594 downloads

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, current extension stamp, arrival stamp and TM6 departure card.

2 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

If the school takes me to immigration to cancel my extension of stay, can I apply for the Covid extension at the same time?

You will need to apply for the covid 19 extension on the day your current extension is canceled or you would be on a overstay.

• Thanks 1

@ubonjoe  You're my "go-to" guy for Thailand info.  You're information is consistently reliable.

I know you don't have a crystal ball, but I'm wondering what your best guess is for how long the COVID extension will be available.  I'm entering Thailand in the last week of September on a Visa Exemption.  My 75 days will be up mid December.  Wondering what you think the likelihood of me being able to get a COVID extension is...

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

I know you don't have a crystal ball, but I'm wondering what your best guess is for how long the COVID extension will be available.

I am sure the order for them will be extended for another 2 months at the end of this month. That make it November for next expiration of it and that is hard to predict. I think they will still be available until they open the country for more people arrive here without a quarantine and etc.

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 3:59 PM, brianp0803 said:

I currently have an extension or stay based on working (teaching) from last years contract (currently valid until the end of September)

The new contract is unreasonable. 

Another teacher that did not sign a new (unreasonable) contact had her Extension of stay and work permit immediately cancelled by the school.  (Had 7 days to arrange another extension of stay)

Thank you for your help?

Hi @brianp0803 ,

Just want to ask if you were able to get the covid extension.

I'm currently in the same position, I have a non-B visa, planning to stop working but want to apply for the covid extension.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, acer902 said:

Hi @brianp0803 ,

Just want to ask if you were able to get the covid extension.

I'm currently in the same position, I have a non-B visa, planning to stop working but want to apply for the covid extension.

Thanks in advance!

I have been trying to work out things with the school before going that route - but that option is getting more likely.

My school sent a contract(unsigned) to my email on 21 June.  On 7 August I sent an email asking about my schedule - no reply.  On 17 August (1st day of school they were expecting me) They sent email they will pay me hourly (instead of salary) and earn 45% less salary per year.  I have been working on getting them to reconsider (and still teaching), but they have not compromised at all (not sure if Thai Labor Board can help)