Krungsri KMA banking app - Request Certificate function?

In another thread there was mention of a Krungsri staff member telling a user that the bank account letter (ownership certificate) can be ordered in advance for pick up using the KMA app.  I've only recently opened a Krungsri account and in the app under 'All Menu' there is indeed a tab named 'Request Certificate'.  When I tap on it I get the message 'You are not eligible to do this transaction'.

Assuming that this certificate is in fact the certificate required for Immigration has anyone with a Krungsri account / app successfully used this function?  Given the message I get I'm not sure if it's yet another of those 'Thai citizen only' functions or whether it's just not working for me because the account is too new or whether the branch need to set something up to be able to use it.  I have to go to the branch in a weeks or two so will check this amongst a few other things.  Might be useful given the 45 minute wait time at CW to get the letter from the branch there.

• Confused 2

Different people / different banks call it different things.  What a banking app may call it throws another combination of terms into the mix.  Other than statements and credit advices I don't know of other bank requirements for Immigration.  I'm referring to the account ownership letter / certificate or any other combination of certificate type terms one cares to use (e.g. Fred, passport number ####, has this bank account and today the balance is etc etc').  This is the document that was being referred to in the older post where it was mentioned.  There is no one single term for it (except in Thai).

Edited by SooKee

57 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Any branch does the letter, 100 baht takes about 30 mins

Yes I know any branch does the letter.  At CW though the wait time can be 45 minutes which can make the timing of arrival at Counter L a bit tricky IF you / Immigration want the letter to match the 'on the day' activity / bank book update that Immigration require .  It was mentioned  in another post that the app can be used to request the certificate so it will be ready to pick up.  Hence the question / topic being about THAT function in the app and whether anyone has used it, not about other ways of getting said certificate.

5 hours ago, SooKee said:

Yes I know any branch does the letter.  At CW though the wait time can be 45 minutes which can make the timing of arrival at Counter L a bit tricky IF you / Immigration want the letter to match the 'on the day' activity / bank book update that Immigration require .  It was mentioned  in another post that the app can be used to request the certificate so it will be ready to pick up.  Hence the question / topic being about THAT function in the app and whether anyone has used it, not about other ways of getting said certificate.

No need to get it on the day, they accept a letter done the day before

8 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Any branch does the letter, 100 baht takes about 30 mins

I'd be surprised if its not free at Krungsri. Their monthly statement of dollar receipts from overseas are all free, even if requesting for the last 12 months. Worth asking. 

Ditto for me on the Krungsri app...when I click Request Certificate I get a pop-up saying "you are not eligible to do this transaction."  I expect it's reserved for Thai citizens, right or wrong.  

When I googe Krungsri app Request Certificate I come across this link which seems to indicate it's business related.   

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/NewsandActivities/Krungsri-Banking-News/e-certificate-service.html

But with further googling I also come across this link which shows the form the Krungsri branch rep has me sign when I request a bank letter at the CW immigration Krungsri branch.  

https://www.krungsri.com/Krungsri2020/media/download-form/sme-commercial-form/financial-guarantee-issuance/en/issuance-certification.pdf

Yea...I expect the Request Certificate app selection is reserved for Thai citizens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Ditto for me on the Krungsri app...when I click Request Certificate I get a pop-up saying "you are not eligible to do this transaction."  I expect it's reserved for Thai citizens, right or wrong.  

When I googe Krungsri app Request Certificate I come across this link which seems to indicate it's business related.   

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/NewsandActivities/Krungsri-Banking-News/e-certificate-service.html

But with further googling I also come across this link which shows the form the Krungsri branch rep has me sign when I request a bank letter at the CW immigration Krungsri branch.  

https://www.krungsri.com/Krungsri2020/media/download-form/sme-commercial-form/financial-guarantee-issuance/en/issuance-certification.pdf

Yea...I expect the Request Certificate app selection is reserved for Thai citizens. 

I'm thinking that too, even maybe as you say, it's a totally different certificate.  I have to go to the branch some time in the next month or so, I'll ask.  Only got me wondering given that another forum member was told by a Krungsri staff member that the app could be used to requested the account letter in advance when he was waiting for one at CW (and thus the staff member was highly unlikely to have been talking about a request feature for a different document).  Of course there could be a few possibilities given the thread was from 2020:

1) It was a function of an older App version, not the current one

2) The staff member was mistaken

3) The function might still be there but we have wrongly assumed it's the 'Request Certificate' menu item

4) It IS that (or indeed any other menu item) but it's Thai citizen only

No big deal at the end of the day but I'll explore it when I next go to Krungsri on the off chance that the function is there and can be used, anything that makes the Immigration admin trawl easier.  Costs nothing to ask but I'm not holding out much hope.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, SooKee said:

I'm thinking that too, even maybe as you say, it's a totally different certificate.  I have to go to the branch some time in the next month or so, I'll ask.  Only got me wondering given that another forum member was told by a Krungsri staff member that the app could be used to requested the account letter in advance when he was waiting for one at CW (and thus the staff member was highly unlikely to have been talking about a request feature for a different document).  Of course there could be a few possibilities given the thread was from 2020:

1) It was a function of an older App version, not the current one

2) The staff member was mistaken

3) The function might still be there but we have wrongly assumed it's the 'Request Certificate' menu item

4) It IS that (or indeed any other menu item) but it's Thai citizen only

No big deal at the end of the day but I'll explore it when I next go to Krungsri on the off chance that the function is there and can be used, anything that makes the Immigration admin trawl easier.  Costs nothing to ask but I'm not holding out much hope.

FWIW, when I last went to BKK CW almost a year ago for my last retirement extension, one of the female bank staff at the Krungsri branch there told my wife in Thai that I could request the Immigration letter via their app and then pick it up at that branch (or any branch) without having to wait... which would be a nice feature for those early morning Immigration appointments...

Except, I could never find a way thru their app to actually get that request to work....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

FWIW, when I last went to BKK CW almost a year ago for my last retirement extension, one of the female bank staff at the Krungsri branch there told my wife in Thai that I could request the Immigration letter via their app and then pick it up at that branch (or any branch) without having to wait... which would be a nice feature for those early morning Immigration appointments...

Except, I could never find a way thru their app to actually get that request to work....

Right, thanks. I'll ask when I go to the branch in a week or two and post back here.  It's not THAT important really but, if there's anything that makes the yearly paper trawl easier I'm happy to use it.  Hopefully I'll get a clued up staff member that can bottom this out one way or another (rather than someone who just doesn't know and takes the easy option of saying 'cannot' rather than finding out).

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Right, thanks. I'll ask when I go to the branch in a week or two and post back here.  It's not THAT important really but, if there's anything that makes the yearly paper trawl easier I'm happy to use it.  Hopefully I'll get a clued up staff member that can bottom this out one way or another (rather than someone who just doesn't know and takes the easy option of saying 'cannot' rather than finding out).

Anything other than putting money in and taking it out leaves them scratching their heads and passing it onto several other staff. I always take a copy of the letter from the year before in- they stare at it as if they cannot read Thai then pass it around. Usually it's a senior male staffer who has to rescue the bafflement.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 11:40 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Called into my Krungsri Branch today and asked about the app / certificate request function.  Turns out that the Request Certificate function in the app under 'All Menu' is the correct option to select and that it is indeed for the certificate / letter that is required for Immigration.  The staff member showed me on her phone / app what happens when it's working, you basically get a screen prompt asking you to verify the details that will be used in the certificate are all correct and you then get to select what branch to pick it up from.  Sadly, it does seem that this function is only currently enabled for Thai citizens (albeit she suggested that only after I mentioned it as a possible reason as to why I get the 'You are not eligible for this service' when I try to use it).  

She did say that all Krungsri systems will be down over the weekend for a major upgrade and that it may be worth checking after that if the function works or not.  I'm not holding out much hope however.  If it still doesn't work I may email their customer service address and see what they say about it.  

While I was there I did ask how long it would take for a 12 month statement and the letter / certificate to be produced (given that at Bangkok Bank it's a 3-4 day wait even from the HQ, 7 days for a local branch for the 12 month statement), she said no wait time, immediately.  She also said that previously there was a wait of about 1 hour for the letter but that is no longer the case.  Whether that means they can now produce them immediately at Chaeng Wattana I'm not sure.  If the CW booking online is up and running next time I go to renew I plan to book an appointment at 1pm and go to the bank to pick up the documents in the morning.

29 minutes ago, SooKee said:

She also said that previously there was a wait of about 1 hour for the letter but that is no longer the case.

I don't know about the Krungsri branch at BKK CW right now... Last year, it took about 40 minutes for them to hand over a deposit verification letter for Immigration.

But instead, this week, I got a deposit letter for Immigration from my home branch / Krungsri branch in downtown BKK. After I finished filling out the application forms and the inevitable signed copies of my passport face page, it took them a bit less than an hour to produce the letter, which is just what they promised ahead of time.

The difference was... in this year's case, I was getting the letter PRIOR to my visit to Immigration, and wasn't losing out of time in the daily Immigration queue.  Last year at BKK CW, the Krungsri branch almost made me late for the appointment I had that morning with Immigration.

And FWIW, yesterday during my Immigration visit, the Immigration officer at BKK CW who handled my retirement extension confirmed that the bank deposit letter can be dated up to SEVEN days prior to your Immigration application, which is what the Immigration website in fact says. She even held up her fingers -- seven of them -- to confirm we weren't having any numeric misunderstanding on the subject.

But, it WOULD be nice if at some point in the future that Krungsri could actually make good on their claim of being able to produce Immigration letters for pickup at any branch via a request from their mobile app.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And FWIW, yesterday during my Immigration visit, the Immigration officer at BKK CW who handled my retirement extension confirmed that the bank deposit letter can be dated up to SEVEN days prior to your Immigration application, which is what the Immigration website in fact says. She even held up her fingers -- seven of them -- to confirm we weren't having any numeric misunderstanding on the subject.

But, it WOULD be nice if at some point in the future that Krungsri could actually make good on their claim of being able to produce Immigration letters for pickup at any branch via a request from their mobile app.

Mostly in the past I've used a bank letter dated the day before my appointment, picked it up when I go to collect my 12 month statement, but I've always used the monthly transfer option up to now so wasn't sure if they wanted anything different with the deposit method.  I guessed not but where Immigration is concerned I prefer not to guess, less critical now of course now the 'maximum 3 days before expiry' renewal stipulation has been dispensed with and we're back to up to 45 days (at CW at least), time to correct any problems.  

My main goal with this is to reduce the amount of trips to the bank (get letter, get statement, get book updated on the day of application), preferably down to one.  If I can get all of that done in the morning before a pm appointment at CW that would be ideal.  That app functionality would sure help.  Will look next week and mail them if, as I suspect, the function doesn't miraculously become available for foreigners.

And, much as I expected, the system update at Krungsri didn't include allowing foreigners to use use the 'Request Certificate' function in the KMA app, I've mailed the Customer Service Desk and will see what they say, mentally prepared for 'cannot' ????

After receiving emails and messages from numerous support personnel today saying that 'Request Certificate' was available for ALL customers, foreign or not, finally I got a reply saying that the function is NOT in fact available for foreigners.  Why am I not surprised ????  The mail did indicate that the matter has been passed to the relevant department for the problem to be addressed but I'll take that with a pinch of salt to be honest.  Wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to activate the functionality for foreign customers as well IF there was a will to do so, but then again TIT!

6 hours ago, SooKee said:

After receiving emails and messages from numerous support personnel today saying that 'Request Certificate' was available for ALL customers, foreign or not, finally I got a reply saying that the function is NOT in fact available for foreigners.  Why am I not surprised ????  The mail did indicate that the matter has been passed to the relevant department for the problem to be addressed but I'll take that with a pinch of salt to be honest.  Wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to activate the functionality for foreign customers as well IF there was a will to do so, but then again TIT!

Thanks for following up on that issue, continuing to press Krungsri on it, and then updating the results here!

Of course, nothing that you're recounting above comes as any great surprise, this being Thailand.

As a parallel example, I lately asked one of the major supermarket chains via their online ordering customer service manager to add one item they sell in the stores to their online/delivery catalog. They said "no problem" and promised to do it.  Six weeks later now, still hasn't been done.  So goes it here.

• Sad 1