Vaccination Certificate in USA

The online CoE Application system requires that you upload a copy of a valid Vaccination Certificate, but in USA the only thing that is normally available is a Vaccination Record which, if you register online through the Pharmacy Portal where you got the vaccination (in my case Walmart), you can download a record card which states your name, date of shots, name and batch number of shots.

The CoE form wants a Certificate that indicates passport number and Nationality. I went to my Primary Health Care Provider (Doctor's Clinic) and the Receptionist tried her best - took 3 days - but after she uploaded my Vaccination Record into the CDC VAMS System she was then directed to the State of Oregon Health Agency who she had to call to get them to issue a Certificate - it is useless - even less information than is on the Record Card.

I've now sent an email to the LAX Consulate. 

Has anyone found a solution - especially for Oregon.

HELP..........!!!!!!

Interesting, I would think they should accept what you have.  The U.S. states rarely if ever asks for a passport for identification purposes and it was not required for the vaccines.  My friend there showed me his certificate it was a flimsy piece of paper with his name and vaccine looked very easy to counterfeit.

At this point I doubt not having your passport number on your CDC issued Vaccination Form(I have this form and it only has my name and DOB) will result in the denial of your COE.  Currently everyone has to quarantine for 15 days(yes 15 because first day is Zero Day).  I will be applying for a COE in a about two weeks with the LA Consulate.  The only other vaccination supporting document I will submit is the specific form from the Pharmacy that has the vaccine name, lot#, expiration date and the Pharmacist who administered the vaccine.  If these document are not enough then i will stay in the US or go elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

it was a flimsy piece of paper with his name and vaccine looked very easy to counterfeit.

Just don't misspell Moderna...

https://www.traveller.com.au/covid19-vaccine-certificates-misspelling-of-moderna-leads-to-tourists-arrest-in-hawaii-h1yblu

"

A 24-year-old Illinois woman submitted a fake COVID-19 vaccination card to visit Hawaii with a glaring spelling error that led to her arrest: Moderna was spelled "Maderna", according to court documents.

In order to bypass Hawaii's 10-day traveller quarantine, she uploaded a vaccination card to the state's Safe Travels program and arrived in Honolulu August 23 on a Southwest Airlines flight, the documents said.

"Airport screeners found suspicious errors ... such as Moderna was spelled wrong and that her home was in Illinois but her shot was taken at Delaware," Wilson Lau, a special agent with the Hawaii attorney general's investigation division, wrote in an email to a Delaware official who confirmed there was no record vaccination record for the woman under her name and birth date.

The email is included in documents filed in court. She was charged with two misdemeanor counts of violating Hawaii's emergency rules to control the spread of COVID-19. She had been in custody on $US2,000 bail until a judge released her at a hearing Wednesday and scheduled another hearing in three weeks."

• Haha 2

Many countries do not put the info shown on the COE website. 

Each embassy or official consulate will be familiar with what is given for proof of given in the country where they are located and will accept them without a passport number and etc.

The question has been answered in other topics.

• Like 1

OK, but I cannot complete the online application, it will not accept the official Vaccine Record (with QR Code) or the Certificate issued by the Health Agency. Wait and see if I get a response from the Consulate tomorrow I guess.

33 minutes ago, radjag said:

OK, but I cannot complete the online application, it will not accept the official Vaccine Record (with QR Code) or the Certificate issued by the Health Agency. Wait and see if I get a response from the Consulate tomorrow I guess.

You just have to upload the vaccination record as far a I know.

After completing the spaces for the type of vaccine and the date it only has this.

image.png.5c34c0d85afd194e6459d6c575038a81.png

I just tested the upload of a random image (jpeg) and it was accepted.

Guest TerryS123

My cdc card I got when vaccinated worked for my coe. No passport number on it. I also uploaded my proof from Walgreens at the same time.

Edited by TerryS123

So I got no response from the LA Consulate to my polite email. I called them this morning and actually got to speak to an Operator - she then told me that the Visa Section Officer was not at his desk - please call back after 4pm (which is a bit strange, given that their "customer" office hours end at 4pm). I tried again just now at 16.30 and this time dialed 230 to jump straight to the Visa Section. A real person then answered, but the line was so crackly and distorted I could not make out what was said, then the line jumped to a ringing tone and to the voice mail system again. Voice mail box still full, not possible to leave a voice message.

I have tried starting the CoE Application over using both the Washington DC portal and the LA portal. I have tried several different picture formats. The system will just not accept my Vaccination Record. This is very, very frustrating. 

1 hour ago, radjag said:

I have tried starting the CoE Application over using both the Washington DC portal and the LA portal. I have tried several different picture formats. The system will just not accept my Vaccination Record. This is very, very frustrating. 

You have to apply at either at the embassy or consulate that is the designated for where you are living.

Not sure what problem is to upload the files. Are you able to upload other ones such as you passport photo page.

This is instructions you have to follow. What file size are trying to upload.

image.png.4b0e3d04ec9a7224df167ac0bd0e688f.png

I just clicked "Browse Files" and selected a folder that has some image files and double clicked one that was a jpeg.

Then the upload symbol to save it.

Now I have a red face! nd I have wasted 4 working days.

I did not realise that I had to click the "upload" button under each file to be attached to the application. Because I had not done that it kept telling me that my vaccination certificate is not uploaded - because that is the first file required by the form.

OK, my fault, I just did not read the instructions carefully enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radjag said:

Now I have a red face! nd I have wasted 4 working days.

I did not realise that I had to click the "upload" button under each file to be attached to the application. Because I had not done that it kept telling me that my vaccination certificate is not uploaded - because that is the first file required by the form.

OK, my fault, I just did not read the instructions carefully enough.

That has caught out many people. ????

On 9/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, bkk6060 said:

Interesting, I would think they should accept what you have.  The U.S. states rarely if ever asks for a passport for identification purposes and it was not required for the vaccines.  My friend there showed me his certificate it was a flimsy piece of paper with his name and vaccine looked very easy to counterfeit.

I got my COE based on the CDC record card. No problem 

9 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Vax certificate is only for Sandbox, correct, not ASQ?

Yes, only Sandbox.

There was a time when a vaccination got you a 10 day quarantine in ASQ rather than 14 days but now everyone gets 14 regardless of vaccination status.

• Thanks 1