travel to Buriram?

konaboy

On 9/1/2021 at 10:18 PM, EvetsKram said:

Still allowing home isolation here,  doesn't matter what province you travel from

are you sure about this ?  flights and buses are starting up again.  i'm hoping to travel to buriram later this month staying in a hotel.  not planning to self isolate at hotel.  am i dreaming ?  i know the flight requires proof of vaccination and i may be subject to a covid test upon arrival at buriram airport.  a member of the family i'm going to visit recently returned to buriram from another province and the head moo baan guy made him take a test, no home isolation.  i guess it can vary ?

9 minutes ago, buick said:

are you sure about this ?  flights and buses are starting up again.  i'm hoping to travel to buriram later this month staying in a hotel.  not planning to self isolate at hotel.  am i dreaming ?  i know the flight requires proof of vaccination and i may be subject to a covid test upon arrival at buriram airport.  a member of the family i'm going to visit recently returned to buriram from another province and the head moo baan guy made him take a test, no home isolation.  i guess it can vary ?

I live in buriram,  hopefully the rules are going to change very soon.  I've left the province 2 times,  both times stuck for 14 days on return

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EvetsKram said:

I live in buriram,  hopefully the rules are going to change very soon.  I've left the province 2 times,  both times stuck for 14 days on return

thanks for the quick response.  i'm trying to get more info with the hope that things have changed.  i'm usually in buriram twice a month, at the amari next to the stadium in buriram city.  the people i know there live in moo baan kheha, which is on the edge of the city proper on the road to surin.  i'll update again based on what i hear and/or experience.  i'm afraid to really know how it is going to work, one might just have to try it.  i'm also not highly confident that my USA vaccine card is going to satisfy Nok Air on their flight requirements.

edit:  i have emailed the amari, but no response in 24 hrs.

Edited by buick

3 hours ago, EvetsKram said:

Presently, Provincial policies are varied. Most are open to free travel without the isolation - there are a few exceptions, of course. 

I suspect that most will becoming weary of all the whimsy and BS and take general course and direction that has been deemed by BKK authorities of this last week.

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Why would one want to move there? I’ve heard a lot of weird stuff like black magic rife there. Was told never date a woman from buriram. She’ll destroy your life. Too late for some though ????????????????????????

That rumor is to deter people who are gullible in believing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it took a few emails and a few phone calls to get to what i hope is the answer, at least for MY travel to buriram.  the amari hotel says i can come and go as i please but i must provide 3 items:

1.  USA vaccination card

2.  ASQ hotel letter

3.  negative test taken in bkk before departure

i've been out of ASQ since late july.  i explained to them and they still want the letter.  strange.  i got this info via email and called back twice to verify, letting them know i am not coming directly from ASQ and have been out for well over a month.  not sure why they want it but i have it and will gladly bring a copy for them.

i'm also bringing my COE (although not required) as it notes that i've had the vaccination.  call it secondary proof of vaccination if they question the info on my CDC card from USA.  the COE has the thai consulate general stamp so it looks 'official'.

now for the moo baan policy.  i had noted a member of the family i'm going to visit returned recently to buriram from another province.  i noted he had not been asked to isolate.  that was wrong, he was aksed to isolate but it was one of those 'wink wink' requests.  he showed a negative test from the hospital in buriram and then got the 'wink wink' on the isolation 'requirement'.  he has since come and gone freely from the moo baan.

i am planning to fly nok air, or air asia if they start flights.  i still don't know if nok air will accept a USA CDC vaccination card.  i will probably have to find that out the hard way, once i arrive at the DMK airport.  planning to fly out of DMK in about 10 days.

• 3 weeks later...

i completed my trip to buriram.  i ended up getting a car service to drive me there from BKK.  the SUV had a plexiglass shield of sorts separating the driver compartment from the rear passenger section.  i flew back on nok air and the buriram to bkk flight required nothing.  just the usual passport.  i asked them about requirement for dmk-buriram and they said proof of vaccination was the only requirement.  did not need a RT-PCR test.  i don't go to the departure lounge until i see the arriving passengers walking into the arrivals/baggage claim.  i sat by the arrivals area and did not see a group of nurses ready to take you to quarantine so it is safe to fly to buriram from DMK.  good luck with your travels.

On 9/23/2021 at 4:29 AM, konaboy said:

kop mak

I am now thinking of going to BKK from Buriram to check out  Bumrungrad  and rtn.

Do I have to do Q??

you are in good shape for the buriram to BKK leg via nok air.  i can 100% guaranty that one (passport only).  going bkk to buriram appears to be proof of vaccination only (shown at DMK).  this is what the nok air people in buriram told me (nok air person was a very good english speaker).  and as i noted, i didn't see any nurse staff stalking people in arrivals/baggage room.  nurse did take my temp when i entered the terminal, that is the only nursing staff i saw. 

• Thanks 1