3BB International Bandwidth

JetsetBkk

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank you very much for answering my question. I was asking about 3BB service reliability, speed, offshore. 

I will change my internet service to 3BB this week. And, just in case, I will keep my present internet service provider, as backup. Two wheels is better than one. 

Tks. 

If you do look into a load balancing router.. then you can connect 2 internet providers and if one fails the other kicks in. Not sure about prices and you do have to know how to set it up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

If you do look into a load balancing router.. then you can connect 2 internet providers and if one fails the other kicks in. Not sure about prices and you do have to know how to set it up. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for pointing this out! 

Appreciate it! 

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for pointing this out! 

Appreciate it! 

One of my friends did this so i remember it this was in Thailand. So it is possible. I mean your paying for 2 it might even speed things up. But not sure about that. But it does mean if setup good you never lose internet (unless half a city block goes up in flames destroying infrastructure of both providers)

On 9/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, D2Pipes said:

Same same so I gave up on Ethernet!

Interestingly, my best IIG download speed is when I use 2.4GHz WiFi which is NOT what anyone will tell you.

Me too! In my "laundry room" (spare bedroom with washing machine in it, and furthest from the router) my tested phone speed was pretty bad and intermittent, so I changed to 2.4GHz band because "it goes through walls better". I've left my phone connected to the 2.4GHz WiFi band from the router, rather than the 5GHz band.

On 9/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, robblok said:

But it does mean if setup good you never lose internet (unless half a city block goes up in flames destroying infrastructure of both providers)

Reminds me of the system I worked on that was sold to British Telecom - had to be dual redundant with each redundant half housed in buildings further apart than the wing-span of a jumbo jet. ????

5 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

so I changed to 2.4GHz band because "it goes through walls better".

but my Ethernet, 2.4GHz and 5Ghz tests were conducted in the same room as the router and 2.4GHz won hands down. This does not make any sense as using a WiFi Analyser I can see many interfering signals on the 2.4GHz band but only there is only me on 5GHz band + one other party who does not interfere!

When I say 2.4GHz won hands down I should add I was using testmy.net connected to a Singapore server. When using nperf.com the 5GHz band was around 3x the download speed and 5x the upload speed of the 2.4GHz band when connected to local (Thai based) servers.

The corollary being to ensure you test like with like otherwise you will be confused. Where IPTV is concerned you need to ascertain where your suppliers servers are located but this is digressing from your original question so I will leave it there. I will send you a pm tom.