Dividend Cheques from Thai Shares

I have got a draw full of dividend cheques over the past 3 quarters from Thai companies i own shares in.

With Covid i dont particularly want to go and sit in the bank depositing then, but obviously dont want them to expire.

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on when you need to cash dividend cheques by?

According to the Civil & Commercial Code, Section 990:

"The holder of a check (sic.) must present it for payment to the banker within one month after the date of issue if it is payable in the same town where it is issued, or within three months if it is payable elsewhere"

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/civil-and-commercial-code-checks-section-987-1000/

2 hours ago, Oxx said:

According to the Civil & Commercial Code, Section 990:

"The holder of a check (sic.) must present it for payment to the banker within one month after the date of issue if it is payable in the same town where it is issued, or within three months if it is payable elsewhere"

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/civil-and-commercial-code-checks-section-987-1000/

Thank you, the clause after that says maybe 6 months, so will wait for the latest round and then head to the bank.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't you have dividend payments credited directly to your Thai account? Perhaps it depends on your broker. Mine go straight into my account on payment date. Seems like something you should look into. Hope you manage to cash your cheques.