Khon Kaen new immigration office under construction

KeeTua

Just came across a video on the Khon Kaen Immigration site that says the current location at the bus station is temporary and the new location will be north of Khon Kaen on Mittraphap at Tambon Non Thon (ตำบลโนนท่อน).  I'd been curious what that big tower under construction will be used for, I still don't know but its part of the project. Strange they didn't just remain in the old location at the police academy until the new place was built.

At about 1 min it talks about the current location as temporary then shows the new location under construction.

https://khonkaen.immigration.go.th

3 hours ago, KeeTua said:

... I'd been curious what that big tower ... will be used for ... 

For those who can't take it any more??

200 km round trip for me now.

Never mind, as long as the online 90-Day keeps working, it's only a twice a year trip.

Edited by MartinL
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Likely the new KK office will be close?

The one at the bus station? The video in the link I posted above says that office is temporary:

สำนักงานตรจคนเข้าเมืองชั่วคราว (Temporary Immigration Office)

1 hour ago, KeeTua said:

The one at the bus station? The video in the link I posted above says that office is temporary:

No. I mean the new building under construction being close to the divison 4 headquarter on Mithrapap.

But it's seems to be even further north at least 15 km north of Khon Kaen center and 21 km north of the current temporary office at the bus station.

3 hours ago, MartinL said:

200 km round trip for me now.

Always been for me and not much different for the new location.

Sometimes when I pass the most outlying corner of KK province towards Nong Bua I see you can have it even worse (260 km roundtrip).

19 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No. I mean the new building under construction being close to the divison 4 headquarter on Mithrapap.

But it's seems to be even further north at least 15 km north of Khon Kaen center and 21 km north of the current temporary office at the bus station.

OK I understand what you were asking now. When you said new office I thought you meant the current office which is a relatively new location.

The future location suits me as I live to the north of Khon Kaen but I feel for MartinL, the current location at the bus station is far better for those to the south.

• 1 year later...

Nearly 2 years later .........

Drove past the new Immigration Office last weekend. It's on the southbound carriage way of Highway 2, about 9 km north of the junction with KK bypass. I'm guessing about a 105 km one-way trip for me.

The big, engraved in stone "Khon Kaen Immigration Office" sign is in place, The building looks complete so we might be getting news of an immigration move soon. Roadways appear to be complete. The u-turn for those coming from the south is a good way beyond the office.

What I thought might be a 'suicide tower' appears to be a water tower for the adjacent water company office.

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

I am lucky at the moment as I live just three km from the office at the bus station.  But it will be very difficult for some people who live at the bottom of Khon Kaen county.  Currently they can get a bus as and when necessary but with the new office being in the middle of nowhere it will be difficult.  It will also make it difficult to get a bank statement that day and then get up to the new office.

I'm certainly not going to go up there for my 90 day report so I'll have to register for the 90 day system.

On 9/4/2021 at 7:30 PM, KeeTua said:

The future location suits me as I live to the north of Khon Kaen but I feel for MartinL, the current location at the bus station is far better for those to the south.

Bus location has been good for us coming long distance's from the west as it's at the end of the southern bypass saves going through the city.

Will miss the yearly burger king whopper located nearby.

Edited by farmerjo

20 hours ago, MartinL said:

Nearly 2 years later .........

Drove past the new Immigration Office last weekend. It's on the southbound carriage way of Highway 2, about 9 km north of the junction with KK bypass. I'm guessing about a 105 km one-way trip for me.

The big, engraved in stone "Khon Kaen Immigration Office" sign is in place, The building looks complete so we might be getting news of an immigration move soon. Roadways appear to be complete. The u-turn for those coming from the south is a good way beyond the office.

What I thought might be a 'suicide tower' appears to be a water tower for the adjacent water company office.

About how many minutes will it take from the Big Tesco to the new immigration office? Thanks

On 8/30/2023 at 3:46 PM, MartinL said:

Drove past the new Immigration Office last weekend. It's on the southbound carriage way of Highway 2, about 9 km north of the junction with KK bypass.

Is it this one, construction site on a Street View from November 22?:
image.png.4ad3ab1c23adbe6351753b53449bd736.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

16 hours ago, MartinL said:

Photos taken on Friday.

Although it hasn't reproduced well, it definitely says "KK Immigration".

Building and roadways look complete. Flag is flying. Couldn't see any cars so maybe no occupants yet. No builders' trucks either and the site seems tidy which suggests work is complete. 

EDIT. Nearly forgot. Nearest U-turn from northbound to southbound carriageway is 2.5 km from this office although there's an unofficial, dirt-track-across-the-central-reservation U-turn about 200 metres away.

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

How many minutes' driving time from the Tesco to the new immigration office? Thank you.

On 9/4/2023 at 5:57 PM, racyrick said:

Isn't it straight up Mittraphap Road?

Yes.

From the central intersection Mittraphap and HW 12 it is 22 km northbound on the road.

Google estimates 20 minutes.

From the northern ring exit onto Mittraphap it's a about 14 km, 11 min estimate.

Distances include the detour for the U-turn.

https://goo.gl/maps/uwYGgrBfTQVM8TFW7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes.

From the central intersection Mittraphap and HW 12 it is 22 km northbound on the road.

Google estimates 20 minutes.

From the northern ring exit onto Mittraphap it's a about 14 km, 11 min estimate.

Distances include the detour for the U-turn.

https://goo.gl/maps/uwYGgrBfTQVM8TFW7

Thank you!!

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

A mate was at the bus station office end of December.

Haven't got any news that they moved yet.

Checked their LINE: completely outdated (old barack shown).

Facebook and Website: nothing about move.

Google also.

Edited by KhunBENQ