Visitor's Visa To The Uk

Hello Mat, maybe I forgot to mention that the embassy are issuing visitors visas at a percentage rate of 2.3% which is far to low a % for me to even attempt as I give money back guarantee.

To obtain a visitors visa she would have to show the following.

* Evidence of her quality employment such as a bank or government dept.

* 12 months bank statements showing her salary going in at the end of each month.

* Evidence of contact with you such as e-mails- tel bills, - money receipts sent.

* Evidence of her house / land ownership.

* Evidence of her education standards.

The chances are very...very low indeed.

With fiancée visa the requirements are less and the chances are 100%.

Is this at all true?? And could anybody recommend a visa agent I could use or should I apply without the use of an agent??

Many thanks

cfrmatt

Hello Mat, maybe I forgot to mention that the embassy are issuing visitors visas at a percentage rate of 2.3% which is far to low a % for me to even attempt as I give money back guarantee.

* 12 months bank statements showing her salary going in at the end of each month.

* Evidence of contact with you such as e-mails- tel bills, - money receipts sent.

Is this at all true?? And could anybody recommend a visa agent I could use or should I apply without the use of an agent??

Many thanks

cfrmatt

Sounds like <deleted> to me mate. A friend recently went for a visa and got it no problem. So you have to be a govt. employee or work in a bank to get a visitor visa? Yeah, right.

The visa website tells you what you need to provide and it doesn't even mention her financial records, only those of the sponsor. Forget the agent dude, they are a rip off.

Many thanks

cfrmatt

Sounds like <deleted> to me mate. A friend recently went for a visa and got it no problem. So you have to be a govt. employee or work in a bank to get a visitor visa? Yeah, right.

The visa website tells you what you need to provide and it doesn't even mention her financial records, only those of the sponsor. Forget the agent dude, they are a rip off.

I got my Thai GF a UK Visitor's visa, without the need for an interview. She's 23, I'm 46. She hadn't worked for 6 months, and her previous employment was all fairly menial (waitress, shop assistant, bargirl). She had minimal funds in her bank and no land. However, we were able to prove a 16 month relationship and I could prove that I could pay for the visit. It also helped that we only wanted a two week visit and I am employed in Thailand.

Using an agent for a visitor's visa would be a complete waste of money! Research on this site will give you all the information you need to ascertain whether you have any chance of being successful. Completing the application is straightforward and the supporting documentation a matter of common sense.

Good luck.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

Don't use an agent to get a visitor's visa - it really isn't that difficult. You can find all of the info that you need on the UK Embassy web site and there is a lot of advice to be found on this forum.

Ask yourself - can the GF and you (as sponsor for the visit) meet the requirements:

* Evidence of a proper relationship for several months at least.

* Evidence that you will be able to support her during the visit. If she has some money of her own that may help but it isn't really essential.

* Evidence that she is likely to return to LoS after the visit. This is always the tricky one as it's something that the ECO needs to decide on the basis of probabilities. A job or property to come back to are good reasons. Having children parked with relatives is not necessarily good.

If you have a genuine relationship and are able to show this then I suspect that you will get the visa with no trouble. Just make sure that the documentary evidence that you provide matches 100% with what you put on the application form. Do not tell any lies or half truths - it's not worth taking the chance of getting that nasty black stamp in her passport.

Good luck and, for what it's worth, the figure of 2.3% success rate that someone told you is completely wrong - much higher than this.

DM