Judgement Day Is Here!

jdinasia

I have had 3 people ask me about rumors of a coup etc but so far I have heard or seen nothing out of the ordinary. <granted seeing anything would be unlikely in my case ... but hearing would not be!>

Let's try and keep politics out of this and make it an objective thread ... what have you seen etc!

I have had 3 people ask me about rumors of a coup etc but so far I have heard or seen nothing out of the ordinary. <granted seeing anything would be unlikely in my case ... but hearing would not be!>

Let's try and keep politics out of this and make it an objective thread ... what have you seen etc!

I drove to Bangkok yesterday and returned today (update for the 47ers who may have wondered were I was, it was an immigration thing that turned out to b a breeze in the end)

Travelling from what is essentially the Cambodian border to BKK I must have gone through about a dozen checkpoints (police and army) saloon cars were just waved though (thanks guys) pick-ups with passengers were stopped and converted pick-ups and other none passenger viewable vehicles lined the road at every point, some being turned around. On the return journey today, nothing...... at least nothing going in the same direction as me.

Now, I have done this trip many times, more times than I actually want to and every time I do it, I see probably the same number of family pick-ups and covered vehicles making the same trip mostly without let or hindrance......... more people making the trip or more people being stopped and turned around? ....... I think the latter.

But then again, what do I know, I was here for a coup and a tsunami, both of which failed to register on my personal scope until long after the waters had receded. (oh the joys of rural life without an internet feed)

Let's see how this particular pageant plays out, and not try to speculate.

About 8.30 I went past a whole bunch of police stopping taxis and vans/lorries near the corner of Pattanakhan and the expressway. 'Time for home' I thought.

Tomorrow I think I will stay home until the announcement is made and enough time elapses for the response (if any) to become clear. I doubt there will be any problem, and if there is I doubt it will affect me directly.

H

Edited by Huw

Troops 'protecting' TV stations

Troops from the army were deployed on Tuesday evening to guard all television stations in Bangkok, as rumours of a coup swept the capital.

Several TV stations set up news crawlers across the bottom of the broadcast screens, quoting the government that "rumours of a coup are unfounded."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=119074

link in keeping with only quoting the first 2 paragraphs

I have seen my wife searching for her passport, she told me if the democrats get disolved she'll leave and go to Austria....

Didn't ask here if I can keep staying here....... (she is thai, I am austrian)