NON O single entry from Germany

I used to visit one of the honorary consulates to receive my single entry NON-O for 90 days in the past. They are all closed and the only place to visit is the general consulate in Frankfurt. I am 55 years old and have the 5000 Euro in my bank as required.

I was told that I am no longer eligible for a NON-O based on my age of over 50 and sufficient funds. The single entry is only available for people with documentation of government retirement payments and spouses of Thai partners.

I was told to apply for the O-A instead. The requirements are amazingly difficult and would take months to compile.

Are there any viable options to obtain a single entry NON-O in another country?

You could enter visa exempt to get a 45 day entry at this time that can be extended for 30 days and then apply for the non-o visa at immigration. See: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

You would need 800k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement. The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Try Munich. No problem there last week.

Can you go in person or online? Just asking as next door in Salzburg/Austria it is now only online. OK has to come from Thai embassy. Would be interested to hear as a could apply in Munich due to nationality. Normally, you can only apply where you can prove residency.

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

Can you go in person or online? Just asking as next door in Salzburg/Austria it is now only online. OK has to come from Thai embassy. Would be interested to hear as a could apply in Munich due to nationality. Normally, you can only apply where you can prove residency.

I don't know if you can make it online. You have to make an appointment, you need to have a vaccination pass OR an antigen rapid test (not older than 24 or 48 hours i think). They want you to wear a mask too.

edit:

As far as I know your visa has to be issued in your home country

Edited by JustAnotherHun

9 hours ago, Letseng said:

You have to apply for a appointment.  Info can be found here on the official consulate website. 

https://munich.thaiembassy.org/de/page/visa-online-terminvereinbarung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:44 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

..... but things can change, you know.

Just experiencing this change. I made an appointment with the consulate in Munich 2 months ago and now they cancelled my appointment quoting the upcoming changes to the electronic visa. It looks like it's going to take me 3 to 6 more months to get a new visa.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, faxx said:

Just experiencing this change. I made an appointment with the consulate in Munich 2 months ago and now they cancelled my appointment quoting the upcoming changes to the electronic visa. It looks like it's going to take me 3 to 6 more months to get a new visa.

You should consider ubonJoe's advice and enter Thailand on a visa exempt entry and apply for a Non-O inside Thailand:

The only thing that has changed is that you now only get 30 days from a visa-exempt entry rather than 45 days.  That is extendable by 30 additional days if necessary.  Done this way you would be dealing with your local immigration office in Thailand not chasing a visa from a Thai embassy/consulate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, skatewash said:

Done this way you would be dealing with your local immigration office in Thailand not chasing a visa from a Thai embassy/consulate.

Yeah, I wish I had considered it that way from the start. For 4 months I was chasing the consulates in Frankfurt and Munich for appointments and my evisa application is processing in the queue for weeks. Now, I still want to fly to Thailand to meet my family for christmas in 3 days, but due to lack of visa I have to take a much more expensive flight instead of a standy ticket. This is really frustrating.