two shots of covid vaccines in Thailand can i go to UK With out having them again in the uk,

yeahbutif

If I have two shots of a covid vaccine in Thailand. Can I go to UK With out having they again in the UK? 

As some people say vaccines administrated in Thailand are no good for world travel or UK. And some have said you will still have to quarantine when you arrive in another country, and get another two jabs in the UK .   

If this is true or not true …  maybe some vaccines are registered and should be ok to have for this reason

If some one has list or link to say other wise would be good

It is essentially true what you have heard but right now I think many of us are adopting a wait and see approach as AZ have said they are now actively involved in getting AZ Thai accepted by WHO. 

If you want to go to UK in short term then Thailand is still "red" so AZ acceptance is irrelevant, it becomes important when Thailand goes back to amber.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Frustrated to have had mixed jabs.

It is looking like the UK and the EU are not going to accept them.

Can't see a way around this. 

Had sinovac/AZ....maybe a third AZ, but then I would not have a proper certificate.

What a mess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Whale said:

It is essentially true what you have heard but right now I think many of us are adopting a wait and see approach as AZ have said they are now actively involved in getting AZ Thai accepted by WHO. 

If you want to go to UK in short term then Thailand is still "red" so AZ acceptance is irrelevant, it becomes important when Thailand goes back to amber.

Thats what I thought . not in a hurry to get back But don't want to have injection again seems a waste of vaccines anyhow..  but have heard the vaccines in Thailand are a weeker mix ..so maybe that's why not excepted..........

5 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Frustrated to have had mixed jabs.

It is looking like the UK and the EU are not going to accept them.

Can't see a way around this. 

Had sinovac/AZ....maybe a third AZ, but then I would not have a proper certificate.

What a mess.

Something has to be rationalised. Boosters have to be recognised as vaccinations even though not part of a 'set' of two within the prescribed timescale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is what kind of vaccines you get. The chinese sino.... is not accepted in many europe countries, then you maybe will need to get vax again if you get sino..... vax and maybe go to qurantine etc.

There is some talks about if the thai produced Astra Zeneca will be accepted in Europe, but it is a license production in Thailand with quality control from Astra Zeneca, it should be close to be the same as the Astra in UK.

You are sure to get accept of Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson everywhere.

I read elsewhere on here that it's where the jab was administered and not made that's important, so two jabs of any brand are the same in the eyes of the UK.

As others have posted, you'd need to pay for 10 days in a hotel upon arrival all the time Thailand is on the red list.

When Thailand is amber, you will have more options.

If you're British, you can get jabbed there again for free if you so wish.

13 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Something has to be rationalised. Boosters have to be recognised as vaccinations even though not part of a 'set' of two within the prescribed timescale.

Yep, think this will all change as time goes on. I just wonder if the booster jab will also be included in the cert or QR code of the original jabs to show as you travel? As said, it's all a mess.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2long said:

If you're British, you can get jabbed there again for free if you so wish.

Yep, maybe a booster or second jab, but if you are just going for a visit there won't be enough time for 2 jabs (if someone is thinking that way)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 2long said:

I read elsewhere on here that it's where the jab was administered and not made that's important . . .  .

That is correct.  Even approved products wouldn't suffice for entry to the UK if they'd been administered in Thailand.  I expect this'll change over time, but that's the current situation.

12 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

. . . . but if you are just going for a visit there won't be enough time for 2 jabs (if someone is thinking that way)

I'm here now for that purpose so plenty of time in my case, and I'm not the only one to do it.

If you have a 3rd jab here, you get a new certificate with all 3 on it. It's exactly like the initial certificate, QR Code etc., but with 3 entries, and it's the same in the App.  This is the central section.

image.png.43d484c543ad630ce71ccb2921478527.png

If you had Sinovac, then Az and then another Az, you would still have had 2 x Az, so anywhere that accepts Az should be fine with it, as long as the time scale wasn't too far off. 2 x Sinovac and 1 x Pfizer is a harder sell obviously. For the EU, mixed vaccines are being accepted on a country-by-country basis, so you would have to check, but as several major EU countries are mixing them (usually Az & Pfizer), it will probably be accepted everywhere in the EU eventually. 

8 hours ago, treetops said:

That is correct.  Even approved products wouldn't suffice for entry to the UK if they'd been administered in Thailand.  I expect this'll change over time, but that's the current situation.

I'm here now for that purpose so plenty of time in my case, and I'm not the only one to do it.

Well it's a good excuse to go back and spend some time in the UK...not surprised you ain't rushing back...neither would I be.

This is the definite source of information

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Because Thailand is currently on the red list, you need to quarantine (at your expense, in a  designated Quarantine hotel) regardless of vaccination status.

It is only for amber list countries that it varies by vaccination status. In that case though you must have received the vaccination in UK, EU, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City or USA. And it must be a vaccine approved by the relevent authority in that country.  Vaccination in Thailand, regardless of which vaccine, will nto currently qualify you.

Coming from green list country, regardless of vaccination status, no quarantine.

All this is based on where you were in the 10 days before arrival. So you could in theory avoid quarantine by first traveling to a green list country - if you can find one that lets you in

These rules change often as do the list of red/amber/green countries. So should keep checking the link given. I would disregard any advise/info given other than what is on it.

• Thanks 1