Are the restrictions for entering Surin the same as Buriram?

bbabythai

i think the issue is bangkok to surin/buriram rather than surin to buriram or vice versa.  that's only a guess, no personal experience.  i'm planning to travel bangkok to buriram soon and still not sure if i'm going to fly both ways or pay a car service to drive me to buriram and fly back.  a friend in buriram came from lopburi to buriram two weeks ago and was told to isolate at home by the boss of the moo baan (plus take a test) but it isn't a strict isolation.  more of an honor system thing. 

Edited by buick

Do we have to quarantine 14 days upon arrival  if we travel to Kap Cheung in Surin province from Pattaya Chonburi, that still is classified as a dark red zone. Please no guesses , only hard facts, many thank's in advance... What I understand there are no problem to entering the province , we just don't have the time for quarantine , (Both of us is fully vaccinated)

Edited by spetersen
spelling , wording.

41 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

duh. click on the link. the tape over the hotel door is a given. He has to serve mandatory quaranteen. But other posters go into Buriram no problem

Doh. The link never mensions '3rd degree'. You made up that quote. If you're gonna quote something then please do it as it is written and not something that is floating about inside your head.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Doh. The link never mensions '3rd degree'. You made up that quote. If you're gonna quote something then please do it as it is written and not something that is floating about inside your head.

My understanding  of the phrase "3rd degree" fits well with the hassles the gentleman in question faced when arriving in Buriram.

Also, the post here that mentioned "3rd degree" didn't quote anything. Just referred to a post.

8 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

My understanding  of the phrase "3rd degree" fits well with the hassles the gentleman in question faced when arriving in Buriram.

So in your opinion and 'bbythai' the person was tortured to get into Surin?

The actual third degree is a cruel interrogation technique—essentially torture

That never happened and was never indicated.

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So in your opinion and 'bbythai' the person was tortured to get into Surin?

That never happened and was never indicated.

I think you'll find "3rd degree" is a figure of speech. The meaning being something that was drawn out and likely more difficult and tedious than needed.

Some things don't have to be taken literally. As in your quote is says the " actual" 3rd degree.

Imagine is mole hills really were mountains. ????????????????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I think you'll find "3rd degree" is a figure of speech.

What does 3rd degree mean?
The third degree is an intense, harsh way to question a suspect. ... It's very common for people to joke about the third degree, using it to mean "lots of questions" or "too much curiosity." The actual third degree is a cruel interrogation technique—essentially torture.

ourrules

Well, like everything in Thailand you rarely get clear answers. Actually, in Thailand anything is possible. Answers come like that ball in the pinball machine. Next time I go to Surin, I'm planning to stay 14 days anyways but the quarantine stuff will probably be more lax then.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e472q7y0hzdftx3uswwrc

Edited by TooBigToFit