Workpermit And Non Immigrant B

Thanks for the reply.

I am the company director so i should stamp sign and write a letter for myself inviting me to work for my company?

Sorry for all the questions

So I now have the problem I need to know exactly what documentation i need I have a valid work permit annual financials.

Can anyone tell me where should I go to Penang or Kuala Lumpur?

The updated Company affidavit, Shareholders list, company objectives, last three months of the PND #1 filed for you, annual audit, work permit, invite letter from the company.

All paperwork must be signed and stamped by the company director. Recent reports are Penang is more liberal these days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

i have a multiple non B, i don't have work permit, i do not work in Thailand, my duty is to bring job into thailand and let the thai employee work on it, after completion i take it back out of Thailand, my visa is almost run out, can i extended for another year within Thailand or do i have to go out and apply for another one outside of Thailand.

You could only extend if you were working and met the various conditions - you do not. You will need to obtain a new visa and you should probably plan to obtain at the same Consulate you used last time with the same information.

• 4 weeks later...
So I now have the problem I need to know exactly what documentation i need I have a valid work permit annual financials.

Can anyone tell me where should I go to Penang or Kuala Lumpur?

The updated Company affidavit, Shareholders list, company objectives, last three months of the PND #1 filed for you, annual audit, work permit, invite letter from the company.

All paperwork must be signed and stamped by the company director. Recent reports are Penang is more liberal these days.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks SunBelt

To clarify it a little more for me (I can be dense at times :o ) if the foreign employee is the sole employee in Thailand, of the overseas company, i.e. no premises or local staff, just one person working from a spare bedroom in a rented house used as residence, does all the nonsense about photo's of employees at their workplace etc still apply? (Because obviously there's no-one to photograph even when the farang is previously working legit with valid visa and workpermit etc.)

Sorry to labour this point but it is important to me.

Gaz

Edited by Gaz Chiangmai

Thanks SunBelt

To clarify it a little more for me (I can be dense at times :o ) if the foreign employee is the sole employee in Thailand, of the overseas company, i.e. no premises or local staff, just one person working from a spare bedroom in a rented house used as residence, does all the nonsense about photo's of employees at their workplace etc still apply? (Because obviously there's no-one to photograph even when the farang is previously working legit with valid visa and workpermit etc.)

Gaz

If you have no Thai employees and are not a BOI company, you are not going to qualify for the extension of stay based on business anyway. One criterion is 4 Thai employees.

You still however could have a work permit and in most cases, no photos of the employees are required. (Labor Dept rules are different than Immigration)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks SunBelt

To clarify it a little more for me (I can be dense at times :D ) if the foreign employee is the sole employee in Thailand, of the overseas company, i.e. no premises or local staff, just one person working from a spare bedroom in a rented house used as residence, does all the nonsense about photo's of employees at their workplace etc still apply? (Because obviously there's no-one to photograph even when the farang is previously working legit with valid visa and workpermit etc.)

Gaz

If you have no Thai employees and are not a BOI company, you are not going to qualify for the extension of stay based on business anyway. One criterion is 4 Thai employees.

You still however could have a work permit and in most cases, no photos of the employees are required. (Labor Dept rules are different than Immigration)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Non-imm(M) :o but wondering if they're going to up the ante on that as well

Gaz

• 1 month later...
Update,

I attended Bangkok Immigration on Friday with all the documents as per you list and I was also asked for a blank tax form for my 4 Thai employees.

Not sure if this is another new requirement..!!

But is is not listed on the requirements.

Nick, you mentioned a blank tax form above. By that do you mean the latest Por Ngor Dor 1 with your Thai employee's names listed, showing zero withholding tax paid for them?

Update,

I attended Bangkok Immigration on Friday with all the documents as per you list and I was also asked for a blank tax form for my 4 Thai employees.

Nick, you mentioned a blank tax form above. By that do you mean the latest Por Ngor Dor 1 with your Thai employee's names listed, showing zero withholding tax paid for them?

Hi,

Not sure if it was a with holding tax or paying tax form,the immigration officer said I must show this form,albeit I do not have to pay tax for them as there salaries do not require tax to be paid.It does however show a nil payment.

If I am not being clear sorry,all there por por pors and tor tor tors,al get a bit confusing.

I will check the number and post tomorrow..

Nick

Update,

Hi,

Not sure if it was a with holding tax or paying tax form,the immigration officer said I must show this form,albeit I do not have to pay tax for them as there salaries do not require tax to be paid.It does however show a nil payment.

If I am not being clear sorry,all there por por pors and tor tor tors,al get a bit confusing.

I will check the number and post tomorrow..

Nick

Ok, thanks Nick.

Phuket Immigration are also asking for the same format i.e. tax return forms with entries for all Thai employees, even when zero tax is due for them because of their salary level.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sunbelt or anyone else please!

I hope someone on this forum can help me. I applied for and was issued a Non-Immigrant B Visa in my home country (UK)

in November last year. I entered Thailand at the beggining of February 07.

My Non B Visa was approved upon the basis that I was working for a UK company at the time, that was promoting Tourism in Thailand. We had a lot of research and development work to do in Thailand (researching destinations and putting together hotel itineraries.

I am now rapidly approaching the time when my Non Immigrant B Visa expires, and having done a lot of research on doing business in Thailand its become clearer and clearer to me that in fact I really need to set up a Thai Company, but this is a process I havent even started yet.

I now need to continue to be in Thailand, to continue to develop a business, which it appears will have to be a Thai Business (not a UK business operating in Thailand).

My questions then are these:-

What do I now need?

A new 1yr M/E Non B Visa

A an extenstion of stay on my existing visa

Where/How do I start the process of applying for renewal or extensions

Ive set up a home in BKK and have a fully furnsihed house, and Im very concerned that I wont be able to stay can anyone advise please.

Many Thanks

Rufanuf

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'll try to keep this simple... I went to KL in January to get a business visa, with all docs, WP etc. They only gave me a 90 day single entry and assured me that I could extend it in BKK for a 1 year multiple entry. I have a business here. Can I just go to Immigration in BKK and fill in the appropriate form or were they just fobbing me off in KL? Thanks in advance.

If you can meet the requirements (not likely) you can obtain a one year extension of stay - you can not obtain a multi entry visa in Thailand. But without a one year business record do not believe it is likely to happen.