Playstation.

NoshowJones

What is a good playstation or console with a joystick for games like flying planes, shooting. bombing etc

When I bought my first computer in the late nineties, I also bought a game called Red Baron, I still have it stacked away somewhere,  it was

good for flying planes etc

Both the PlayStation and Xbox consoles use a dedicated hand-held controller for game play. Both thumbs and index fingers are used to actuate the multi-function controller buttons. The other3 fingers and the palms o each hand are used to hold the controller. The controllers connect to the consoles wirelessly or by USR cable. Aftermarket controllers are available, but have never considered needing one. 

Just be aware that games are designed for the system they are played on (PS, Xbox or PC) and are not compatible with each other. 

10 hours ago, tweedledee2 said:

Both the PlayStation and Xbox consoles use a dedicated hand-held controller for game play. Both thumbs and index fingers are used to actuate the multi-function controller buttons. The other3 fingers and the palms o each hand are used to hold the controller. The controllers connect to the consoles wirelessly or by USR cable. Aftermarket controllers are available, but have never considered needing one. 

Just be aware that games are designed for the system they are played on (PS, Xbox or PC) and are not compatible with each other. 

Thanks, very helpful answer, but the joystick I'm referring to is the old fashioned type which only requires one hand to operate. I could not even find one in the UK never mind Thailand.

Your last paragraph will certainly be kept in mind.

One more thing, for flying planes and shooting games, what is best, a Playstation or Xbox?

I honestly don't think seniors play video games.

Probably be happier with a 75" inch TV and a subscription to Netflix.

I've go a new Xbox.  I think we've used it 5 times in a year.  Kids are happier on there smart phones.

Pretty complicated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks, very helpful answer, but the joystick I'm referring to is the old fashioned type which only requires one hand to operate. I could not even find one in the UK never mind Thailand.

Your last paragraph will certainly be kept in mind.

One more thing, for flying planes and shooting games, what is best, a Playstation or Xbox?

I don't know about Playstation. I have used Xbox for a few years now and ended up playing only 1 game, or rather a series of games : the Halo games. It's a shooter type of games, all about saving the world and the known universe from a confederation of nasty aliens. Sounds childish but there is a child in any grownup 555! I find it great and have played them again and again at various levels of difficulty. Loads of weapons to use including tanks and planes, and you can use those of the enemy too. Good fun.

• Like 1

Researched the choice between xBox and PS5. 

Settled on the PS5, mainly due to the more active feedback on the handheld controller. 

(Vibration and trigger feedback)

Have had the unit for a month. 

2 Warnings

- You may be able to join monthly streaming services, such as PS Now and PS Plus. However, streaming may not work here in Thailand -- Even with a VPN. Also, buying titles may be affected. 

- Many of these games are quite complicated. Personally, I loved my old stoneage Atari. The new stuff requires a LOT of patience. 

Waiting for virtual reality to be fully released for PS5. That may take a while and lots of $$$. But, could be very interesting. 

On 9/15/2021 at 7:28 PM, biggles45 said:

'I honestly don't think seniors play video games.'

Where on earth did you get that idea? I am 75, started playing on the original XBOX/PS2 many years ago. Still have an XBOX360 with 35 games in Thailand and just replaced the one I had in the Philippines with a PS4. 

While I will agree that our reflexes are too slow for on-line with the kids, we can get a lot of pleasure out of them. 

Can you use the joystick that Bigz posted a few posts back with the XBOX360?