Governor unveils new COVID plan, assures no hospital bed shortage

snoop1130

1631695894_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew announcing the new plan last night (Sept 14). Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has announced a new plan that hopes to curtail the spread of new COVID infections across the island within the next two weeks. He also claims that Phuket is not experiencing any shortage of hospital beds, but at the same time has launched a new service to determine whether people in the community who test positive for the virus actually need to occupy a hospital bed.

Governor Narong unveiled the plan last night (Sept 14) following a meeting with Pitakpol Boonyamalik, Inspector General of the Ministry of Public Health District 11 office, responsible for the seven ‘Upper Southern Thailand’ provinces, including Phuket.

Joining the meeting were Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO) Chief Kusak Kukiattikoon and Vachira Phuket Hospital Director Chalermpong Sukontapol.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/governor-unveils-new-covid-plan-assures-no-hospital-bed-shortage-81410.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-15

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Oh - oh the litter box is running out of beds.....

Tourists be ware that ANY treatment will be difficult.

Not true. I have recently visited Mission hospital and it was fairly quiet. A friend spent 4 nights in BPH last week for a non-Covid related problem, no shortage of beds. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Not true. I have recently visited Mission hospital and it was fairly quiet. A friend spent 4 nights in BPH last week for a non-Covid related problem, no shortage of beds. 

Just seen the news here only 10% beds left

Maybe fake news here?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Just seen the news here only 10% beds left

Maybe fake news here?

Government hospital maybe chock a block, I don’t know for sure.

Also, I think most the pressure may be on beds for non symptomatic people as there are many more of them, compared to those with severe symptoms. If so, quite strange that there are enough beds for sick people, just not those who aren’t, and yet the situation is deemed critical with only 10% beds remaining.

the other ridiculous situation is the sea gypsy village in Rawai. Mass testing on 31st August, lockdown announced 10 sept, finally enacted 15 sept. How to control a virus with that kind of responsiveness? And I haven’t actually checked that the lockdown is in place yet, I’ll take a look today out of curiosity.

and then this plan isn’t new at all. They have been doing each of the three prongs for some time now. 

phuket has Covid issues to be sure. The only good thing is that cases with severe symptoms will likely be limited due to the high rate of vaccination. Which is a good thing and actually the desired outcome. Can’t really expect more than that, certainly can’t expect to not have cases.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has announced a new plan that hopes to curtail the spread of new COVID infections across the island within the next two weeks. He also claims that Phuket is not experiencing any shortage of hospital beds, but at the same time has launched a new service to determine whether people in the community who test positive for the virus actually need to occupy a hospital bed.

Old shifty eyes is at it again.

Problem what problem?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Ah dear Farang with the mandatory $100,000 insurance, we can definitely find a nice expensive room for you and all your close contact friends. Enjoy your holiday.

At that price I expect luxury suite at private hospital. ????