Noise reduction barriers to be installed on Red Line after complaints from residents

webfact

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News said that the PR office of the Department of Rail Transport had been inspecting operations of the recently opened Red Line that runs between Bang Sue Grand Central Satation and Rangsit north of the Thai capital Bangkok.

The line that passes by Don Muang airport and that has taken around a  decade to build is in final testing phases though it is open to the public.

Complaints were received by residents near the line of noise and tests were carried out. The upshot is that noise reduction barriers in some areas will be installed. 

There have also been problems with the theft of wire from equipment called axle counters as well as trespass on the tracks.

More CCTV, more staff and measures to limit access are being implemented. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, JoePai said:

Has anyone got an udated map with all these new lines on it ?

Am getting lost as to where they all go

The red line has two sections.

#1 Bag Sue - Rangsit (stopping at about 12 stations on the way, including Don Meaung)

#2 Taling Chan - Bang Bamru - Bang Son - Bang Sue

This system was 'being tested' for months before they let the public on. I'm not sure why all of a sudden the trains are noisy.

I really like it, although on one trip the train went really slow for the last two stops.

image.png.78a581e9575bab8955512a82ce1f88a2.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 2long said:

The red line has two sections.

#1 Bag Sue - Rangsit (stopping at about 12 stations on the way, including Don Meaung)

#2 Taling Chan - Bang Bamru - Bang Son - Bang Sue

This system was 'being tested' for months before they let the public on. I'm not sure why all of a sudden the trains are noisy.

I really like it, although on one trip the train went really slow for the last two stops.

Thank you

• Thanks 1

Can they sling a couple of the noise reduction barriers onto my condo balcony while they are installing them on the red line? I can't hear the BTS noise at my place  over the incessant roar of the scooter and bike mufflers and bus diesel engine noises down on the roadway. I must be the only person in Bangkok that cheered the 9pm curfew as a positive noise reduction strategy.

• Like 1