Korat vaccinations

mrjohn

I registered on the expatvac site on August 10.

I still haven’t received an email for an appointment.

I was told the Mahaharat hospital was organising vaccinations so I contacted them. They didn’t seem to know much about it but said that they thought vaccinations were being given every day at Central in Korat.

If I lived in the city I would just drop by and try to find out what is going on.

But it’s a four hour round trip from where I live.

So is there anybody living in Korat city who can throw any light on this?

Are they likely to give a jab to a foreigner turning up on spec or should I continue to wait for an appointment?

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions based on experience I would be more than grateful.

28 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Did you get confirmation of your registration ? Check ‘ junk mail’

Try to register again making sure the 2 documents mentioned are uploaded.

You could also try to call the Vaccination centre at Central Plaza.

I received my first jab 3 weeks ago and my second yesterday. Lots of expats in attendance.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did get confirmation and, yes I have been checking all junk mail.

How do I call the vaccination centre at Central Plaza? 

Does anybody have a phone number for them?

As I said, if I was in the city I would just drop in, which is why I'm asking anybody in the area for advice/help.

26 minutes ago, mrjohn said:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did get confirmation and, yes I have been checking all junk mail.

How do I call the vaccination centre at Central Plaza? 

Does anybody have a phone number for them?

As I said, if I was in the city I would just drop in, which is why I'm asking anybody in the area for advice/help.

Try contacting Expatvac using [email protected]

Also call MFA on 02572 8442

Edited by Chris.B

I have already contacted [email protected]

They told me to call the hospital.

The hospital told me that they were vaccinating people every day at Central Plaza, which I find hard to believe.

Which is why I'm trying to contact the vaccination centre find out what is actually happening.

Edited by mrjohn
Unfinished

Hi again.

My partner has just phoned the Hospital. No telephone number for vaccination Centre. 
Central Plaza are Vaccinating every day. Advised to contact Expatvac  !!

My experience was as follows.

Received a email from Hospital at 2230 instructing me to attend along  with a couple of hundred other expats the next morning.
At check in ,was only asked for passport and visa details and was this for the first jab. Not asked for email. Filled a form in and then started the process took 2 hours.

May I suggest, again you try and reregister, Failing that if the vaccine is a priority you should turn up and explain the circumstances. This may work. Maybe make it a long weekend. 
The only problem would be if they had completed the Expat phase for Pfizer.

Best of Luck

8 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Hi again.

My partner has just phoned the Hospital. No telephone number for vaccination Centre. 
Central Plaza are Vaccinating every day. Advised to contact Expatvac  !!

My experience was as follows.

Received a email from Hospital at 2230 instructing me to attend along  with a couple of hundred other expats the next morning.
At check in ,was only asked for passport and visa details and was this for the first jab. Not asked for email. Filled a form in and then started the process took 2 hours.

May I suggest, again you try and reregister, Failing that if the vaccine is a priority you should turn up and explain the circumstances. This may work. Maybe make it a long weekend. 
The only problem would be if they had completed the Expat phase for Pfizer.

Best of Luck

Many thanks. 

Yes I had the same sort of reaction from the hospital.
I think it's quite likely that they are vaccinating everyday (for Thais at least) and using whatever vaccine is available.

I might try and re-register with a different email address and see if that works.

I registered with the expat site on Aug 8t. I received my registration confirmation but have yet to receive any other information. I also registered with Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen on Sept 3rd and today when checking my status on their expat webpage, I received my registration number for my 1st injection of Pfizer on Sept 29th and 2nd dose on Oct 19th. 

At this time there are 19 slots still available, if anyone is interested. 

https://it-nurse.bkn.co.th/index_vaccine.php

I never received an e-mail either, then out of the blue , yesterday the doctor from the local hospital rang me with an appointment for 20/9 Trat.  I went back on the site yesterday to register a friend, as my missus took his passport to show the Doctor who told her he must register on-line, and as soon as i put in his e-mail, got a message

" An e-mail has been sent to you" nothing yet, unlike before as my memory serves me, one had to put all your details in. this time there was no continue/next to click onto.

Edited by brianthainess
add info.

I thought readers of this thread might be interested in an update.

Having drawn a blank on trying to contact the Korat vaccination centre. I decided to pay them a visit.

I wanted to set my mind at rest that they had my name and correct contact details on their list. 

It is on the fourth floor of Central Plaza.

It was immediately apparent that there were no farangs.

There were what seemed like thousands of Thais queueing up at various points without any social distancing .To say the area was overcrowded is an understatement, in fact, it was borderline chaos.

I really don't understand why such an operation could not be organised at an outdoor/semi-outdoor venue. 

If this virus is as contagious as everybody says it is, then they were simply asking for trouble forcing people to to wait for hours in a confined area.

The staff were helpful in the circumstances and I found out that they did indeed have my contact details but no Pfizer vaccines were currently available. They thought that it might be about two weeks before any new supplies arrived.

I had a number of other questions for them,for example, why had I not been previously contacted given my advancing years?

And how many foreigners had already being vaccinated?

But I really didn't want to hang around in there, so close to so many people.

So I'm still waiting, fingers crossed.

I wonder how many other 70-year-olds are still waiting?