Lost TM 6 arrival card, need visa extension

Hello, I was planning on going into Buriram immigration next week to get another covid extension but realized today that I am missing my TM 6 arrival card. I do not have copies of it.

Will immigration give me a new arrival card? Should I get a police report before I go? Thanks for your help.

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is from the MFA spokesman. The MFA has nothing to do with extensions of stay (visas are not extended). And a quote of what somebody said means nothing.

Immigration issues the extension so they are the only official source for info.

????????

• Like 1

Hi guys, I am currently on a 30 days tourist visa. I am looking forward to extend my visa when it expired and I need to immigration office at Udon Thani. I need good advise, should I apply for the 30 days extension or the 60 days covid extension first ? Much appreciated guys.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not correct.

They can only give you a replacement blank TM6 card with a new number on it.

When I lost mine, they gave me a new one to fill out and hand wrote the old number on it. They seemed to draw the old number from their computer system. Si Saket immigration...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ty30666 said:

Hi guys, I am currently on a 30 days tourist visa. I am looking forward to extend my visa when it expired and I need to immigration office at Udon Thani. I need good advise, should I apply for the 30 days extension or the 60 days covid extension first ? Much appreciated guys.

A 30 day tourist visa does not exist. You apparently got a visa exempt entry that at this time should of been for 45 days at this time not 30 days. Check your arrival stamp to confirm the date you are stamped to.

Most immigration offices will not issue a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay until after you apply for the 30 day extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Not correct.

They can only give you a replacement blank TM6 card with a new number on it.

Isn´t that something that will replace the lost one? I do think that was the meaning of the post. After that, they can actually give you the information that was on your old TM6 cards as well, if you do not remember, as they have it in their data base if you been in there before.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taxi said:

Immigration lost mine, when I noticed I went back (Jomtien office) they looked it up on the computer and wrote the number in my passport.  I then filled out a new TM6, had no issues when I next departed. 

You didn't need to do any of that. Departing country is different to ongoing need for TM6 within Thailand. 

The ground staff often checking departure folk in queue to check if have TM6.

If not they simply give you one.

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A 30 day tourist visa does not exist. You apparently got a visa exempt entry that at this time should of been for 45 days at this time not 30 days. Check your arrival stamp to confirm the date you are stamped to.

Most immigration offices will not issue a 60 day covid 19 extension of stay until after you apply for the 30 day extension.

The 45 days visa exempt is no longer valid with effect 1st Oct. The Thai Embassy Singapore rejected my COE application for the 45 days visa exempt and was told to change to 30 visa instead. They have approved my COE after I make the amendment. Thanks for the sharing Ubonjoe. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ty30666 said:

The 45 days visa exempt is no longer valid with effect 1st Oct. The Thai Embassy Singapore rejected my COE application for the 45 days visa exempt and was told to change to 30 visa instead. They have approved my COE after I make the amendment. Thanks for the sharing Ubonjoe. 

They might do a last minute extension of the order for the 45 day entries. Keep checking to find out what they do.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

They will give you a new TM6.

Some offices want a police report for the lost the TM6. Not sure if Buriram wants one.

To save time it might be best to get the police report.

Does anyone know if Jomtien require a police report?