Canine contests?

I have a six-month-old Corder Collie/Aussie Shepard mix. Very smart, moves like a rocket, and extremely agile. She can already jump sideways repeatedly in 4-foot leaps, 3 feet high.

If I were staying Stateside, I'd start training her for agility contests. But in LOS, I have no sources.

Are there any agility contests in Thailand?

Are there any kind of canine contests?

11 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Are there any kind of canine contests?

The German Shepherd Club of Thailand used to have regular GSD competitions but doubt these are ongoing with Covid. One was held a couple of times a year locally at a breeder in Pattaya.

A pet show at an indoor stadium I went to once had an agility show and visiting pets were allowed to join in under the shows handler's supervision but that was quite a few years ago.

Perhaps contact some breeders or dog trainers and ask as they should be aware if anybody. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heijoshincool asked if there are any Canine Contests in Thailand.   The answer is yes,  there are certainly pure bred dog show competitions which are run by KATH  -  Kennel association of Thailand.  Not happening at the moment because of covid,   however, under normal conditions they generally conduct 2 show weekends each month.  Contact details for KATH as per below.

These all breeds/pure bred competitions are judged by local Thai judges and also many international judges are also invited, from as far as European countries, the US, Australia etc.  The quality of many of the dogs at these shows is generally "world class",  with many of the dogs "imported" or flown in from other Asian countries especially for these events.

Thailand boasts some of the best dogs in the world in a number of breeds,  notably Pomeranians, TRD and the Bangkaew Dog.   These latter 2 breeds are local breeds and now recognized by the FCI.

As for the dog belonging to the Op,   a Border Collie/Aussie Shep cross, extremely intelligent and very agile and athletic, would be ideal for pursuits such as Agility contests and I am sure these exist in Thailand,   in fact I have seen them run in conjunction with the pure breeds all breeds shows.   So if the Op or other interested members liked to contact KATH I am sure they could provide further information,

DS

The Kennel Association of Thailand

338/468 Soi Ladprao 87 Yaek 10, Bangkok

[email protected] (Eng)

Phone: 0-2539-8394-5   Mobile: 098-338-8394

• Thanks 1