Malaysian Broadleaf “GRASS SEED”

Kanada

39 minutes ago, bbko said:

I know you asked specifically for locations in Chang Mai, but if you can't find them there;

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/50-tropical-carpet-grass-i1065818913-s2386178842.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.29.244834abW5YCcl&search=1

I saw this one too…after reading the reviews I wondered about ordering from here!

Seed in the ad. is 2500b per kilo….sod is so much cheaper but we covered huge tree roots on top of the ground and 30’ long…2 big loads of dirt…if I build it up anymore I’ll be mowing a mountain! Even tho’ we watered and raked I know sone settling is yet to come around those huge roots so I’d like to use seed instead of sod to get a more even area! That’s my plan at this stage anyway!

13 hours ago, Kanada said:

I saw this one too…after reading the reviews I wondered about ordering from here!

Seed in the ad. is 2500b per kilo….sod is so much cheaper but we covered huge tree roots on top of the ground and 30’ long…2 big loads of dirt…if I build it up anymore I’ll be mowing a mountain! Even tho’ we watered and raked I know sone settling is yet to come around those huge roots so I’d like to use seed instead of sod to get a more even area! That’s my plan at this stage anyway!

Is the Malay grass easy to grow from seeds? Why not buy grown Malay grass from Lotus Khamtieng area?

8 hours ago, EricTh said:

Is the Malay grass easy to grow from seeds? Why not buy grown Malay grass from Lotus Khamtieng area?

Yes very easy to sprout and grow and the seed/new grass will conform to the landscape where you can’t level it (see above) as well! I’ve used the sod as well but not for this application!

Sod is actually cheaper by a bunch but has its downfalls as well ie: my dog drags it around…hopefully she’s past the puppy stage now 

• Like 1