November more likely for Bangkok’s reopening to tourists

webfact

3 hours ago, aussienam said:

"2. Infection rates in Bangkok need to come down from the current 2,700 to 2,800 a day."

I hope they realise that once they achieve a vaccination level deemed acceptable and open back up, that infections will soar. 

Vaccinations do not stop infections, albeit reducing viral loads.  But they do significantly reduce serious cases.. That has been proven by global data coming in.  Inevitably we will all get infected. Virtually impossible not to.

But, most of us would only need rest at home, like a flu.  Like the flu, a very few vaccinated will die.  A tiny percentage.  Hospitalizations needed for vaccinated will be far less than unvaccinated.  

So when infection rates inevitably soar amongst the vaccinated, I hope the government does not decide to lock us all back into our homes again. 

The government will need to allow the virus to infect us all so we can all get it over and done with. It is unavoidable.  

I say this because criteria #2 has no further details.  

You seem to forget that those vaccinated arrivals get test FOUR TIMES .  And present little danger to others.  The numbers might soar but most wont even know they are sick if vaccinated. Even testing postive and vaxxed is not a concern.  Covid wont go away.  Numbers mean nothing.  Severe hospitalization and Death numbers are what should be noted 

• Like 1

I agree that a December, but more likely a January 2022 opening will be the start of Thailand s 

re opening for international tourists.  In truth, it will likely take Thailand until next June to have all their younger population

vaccinated, if the kids do get vaccines at all.  Maybe by next June the COVID situation will be less scary for the

survivors.

Geezer