Negative covid tests for students

bkkexplorer

Hi, If this topic is somewhere else please redirect me.

Schools in Bangkok are offering Pfizer. There's also apparently a requirement for students that do not take the vaccine to supply weekly documentation of negative Covid tests on entry to schools. Does anyone have more info on this? What sort of proof is needed? Self test? From hospitals? Why only unvaccinated kids need to show this as the vaccinated can also catch and spread it. It's implying that if you have the vaccine you're immune to Covid.

"Why only unvaccinated kids need to show this as the vaccinated can also catch and spread it. It's implying that if you have the vaccine you're immune to Covid."

I don't take it as implying someone is immune to Covid, everyone knows you can still catch Covid if vaxed.  I take it as those unvaccinated are likely to get sicker that those already vaxed and need to be monitored a little more closely.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bbko said:

I believe they will not be allowed to enter school grounds if tested negative. My thinking is what logic is this as those vaccinated can still have it and pass it on. Anyone have more information on this?

I don't take it as implying someone is immune to Covid, everyone knows you can still catch Covid if vaxed.  I take it as those unvaccinated are likely to get sicker that those already vaxed and need to be monitored a little more closely.