Chain Link Fence

HeijoshinCool

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Talk with the Home Pro Customer Service Desk, many times on sales like this they have connections with installers.

Yeah, I will. Just surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) that they do not have the poles and gates, etc, on their website.

Install is easy. Just need a come-along and some wrenches and concrete.

In Sukhothai we got our rolls of chain link from Global Hse plus the gaiv wire for our farm.

Concrete posts were from local concrete suppliers that make many things.

The posts come with heavy wire so we just used them and wire for securing the chain link.

• Thanks 1

For reason I don't know, it is not common to have a chain link fence constructed like it would be in the states.  Here, they use concrete posts and chain link panels, usually sitting on top of a partial wall.  I was skeptical of that method at first but we did 33m for a little over B20k (material and labor) and I'm happy with it.  Be aware there are several different grades (thickness and material) of chain link.

New fence (2).JPG

Edited by bankruatsteve
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

For reason I don't know, it is not common to have a chain link fence constructed like it would be in the states.  Here, they use concrete posts and chain link panels, usually sitting on top of a partial wall.  I was skeptical of that method at first but we did 33m for a little over B20k (material and labor) and I'm happy with it.  Be aware there are several different grades (thickness and material) of chain link.

New fence (2).JPG

Interesting. I lived, years back, in a 1960s built house in NST. It actually had the metal posts, brace and tension bands, and a sliding gate.

I guess they stopped using it. I think I can imagine why....

Edited by HeijoshinCool