Prayuth visits Cha-Am: Sees no high or low season in future - just tourism

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Yet despite this wealth of intelligence and forward planning very little was decided if a report by Daily News was anything to go by.

He has no idea what will be announced by his bunch of clowns every other day on when to open up the country to foreign tourists. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth said that in the future he did not envisage Thailand having a low and a high season for tourism.

I wonder what price-level the hotels will charge post Covid?

On the island where I live we have four prices:

Off season price (where some resorts used to close due to monsoon and lack of tourists);

Low Season price (the typical periods with only few tourists, actually the best months of the year in my view);

High Season price (where everywhere is loaded with tourists);

Peak Season price (when the island is overloaded from tourists, i.e. Xmas-New Year)...???? 

I would love if the Off Season price will be it, the where you could book a bargain candlelight dinner for two on the beach, including "house wine", for the modest amount of 16,900 baht, and stay bed-and-breakfast for only 116,000 baht a night...????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, grain said:

If/when this pandemic ends and mass tourism returns to Thailand, there'll be an almighty eruption of greed, jacking up prices, fleecing the foreigners. It'll get ugly. 

They've already been doing that for years.

Ive always found better deals and accomodations at international hotel chains.

They seem more grounded in reality.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You continue with your daily lies, and you are at a stage where nobody in this nation, other than some of the generals and cabinet ministers take you seriously anymore. You have undermined your own credibility time and time again, with bad information, fake news, broken promises, and terrible leadership. Do you even know what the definition of leadership is? 

True leaders really are in the service of their people. True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people to realize their full potential, and in doing so they inspire excellence. Nobody can demand respect, loyalty or trust, like you constantly do. These things have to be earned. There are no short cuts, no way to cheat the process. Great leaders have integrity and truly value their people. And you do not inspire confidence, as you have never had any follow up in your weak game, you are highly insincere, and grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 7 plus years you have had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. Prayuth, you are a terrible leader. 

This kind of national emergency is real proof that Thailand should never allow another coup to happen. With a civilian government that is democratically elected, and a truly representative body in the senate, Thailand at least has a chance of qualified ministers being appointed based on merit and talent. With Prayuth and this army, there is little chance of this ever happening. They are re-defining the words cronyism and inept on a daily basis. Where is the anger? I am becoming furious at the incompetence and the AA (army apathy). Am I the only one? For many, the near future looks very dim. Tourism is not returning anytime soon, and most know that, despite what the goons continue spouting on about. Nobody knows how high unemployment is right now. I suspect it is over 40% nationwide. Alot of hurt right now. Alot of pain for the locals. I really feel for them. Where is the hope? Where is the promise of a rosy tomorrow? What is the future of the nation?

Seven years of regression, combined with a stunning degree of mismanagement, ineptitude, lack of vision, and inability to even get the vaccine program right, is leading to alot of desperation at this time.

Should I be scared for saying all this. Will I go to prison? Prayuth changed his mind again lately, and said it is now permissible to critique the govt. Wow, such freedom.

However we know what you actually meant, Prayuth. What you actually meant is:

You cannot criticize us, on any level, for anything! Ever! Am I understood? However, since the worldwide media, social media, and the Guardian are now publishing highly critical articles, about the oppression, suppression, and repression we are inflicting upon the citizens and ex-pats of this nation, the heinous punishment we are handing out, and we are taking more egg on the face than we care to, we will issue a "statement of clarification", so nobody "misunderstands us, or our noble intentions".

We are despots, and there is no length we will not go to, to make it seem otherwise. However, we do not want the world talking about us. That is a bridge too far. Damn, I sure wish the media, social media, and the news agencies did not exist. They make life so complicated for me, when I am always having to justify my behavior! Can't you guys just leave us alone?

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpg

Whilst I agree with you post wholeheartedly I find it strangely ironic coming from an American whose people have had 4 years of Trump & now Joe Biden who nobody seems to want, I will say I'm a Brit and don't really understand your politics, but at least both guys were elected in free and fair (?) elections, unlike here where the pratt stormed in ( nearly ) all guns blazing.

Don't worry Mike, it'll be alright on the night ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow…reality check is over due.  Does he have a basic concept of how foreigners lives are arranged?  Everybody wants to come to Chailand in the middle July when the hitherland is comfortable balmy 25c and everything is green.

6 hours ago, 7700 said:

Wow…reality check is over due.  Does he have a basic concept of how foreigners lives are arranged?  Everybody wants to come to Chailand in the middle July when the hitherland is comfortable balmy 25c and everything is green.

No I think everybody prefers air pollution season Dec- April when Chiang Mai becomes the most polluted city on the planet to witness the mountains disappear. It's a once in a lifetime experience! ????????

Maybe until 2024 and beyond, this brainy guy will have a semblance of truth in his

wise statement.  No high season this Winter, and maybe as well in 2022. 2023

will likely be the start of tourism recovery, and the surviving businesses will finally make

a small profit on their efforts to be in business.  Scary stuff huh?

Geezer