Anti-discrimination Laws

lingling

Besides section 30 in the 1997 constitution, are there any [obviously not enforced] anti-discrimination laws here? Just curious to know if the concept even exists...

I didn't know there were ANY antecedents whatsoever regarding laws on discrimination in Thailand. Would you mind uploading Section 30? If the "concept" is sanctified by prior, written law, I should hardly think that it is (or ever was) enforced as law; but that's just my perception. It's nonetheless interesting, though, that, allegedly, many individuals from that big country to the north have managed to get Thai "but prachachon" (ID) cards. But all's fair in LOVE, war and family connections.

I didn't know there were ANY antecedents whatsoever regarding laws on discrimination in Thailand. Would you mind uploading Section 30? If the "concept" is sanctified by prior, written law, I should hardly think that it is (or ever was) enforced as law; but that's just my perception. It's nonetheless interesting, though, that, allegedly, many individuals from that big country to the north have managed to get Thai "but prachachon" (ID) cards. But all's fair in LOVE, war and family connections.

Section 30

All persons are equal before the law and shall enjoy equal protection under the law.

Men and women shall enjoy equal rights.

Unjust discrimination against a person on the grounds of the difference in origin, race, language, sex, age, physical or health condition, personal status, economic or social standing, religious belief, education or constitutionally political view, shall not be permitted.

Measures determined by the State in order to eliminate obstacle to or to promote persons' ability to exercise their rights and liberties as other persons shall not be deemed as unjust discrimination under paragraph three.

http://www.krisdika.go.th/lawHtmStaticCont...6-10-2540-a0001