Retirement visa renewal date

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What office does that?

Normally the extension will start at the end a person's current permit to stay date not the day of application,

Put it down to me being incorrect (again).

Am I correct in saying that if you change reason for extension, example from retirement to marriage, that the 12 month permit will start on day of application? 

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What office does that?

Normally the extension will start at the end a person's current permit to stay date not the day of application,

My retirement extension started on the day I arrived in Thailand on the Non-O visa.

It was issued at Phuket Immigration.

Edited by perconrad
Spelling error

6 hours ago, fangless said:

I don't believe all offices offer 45 days and that 30 is the norm.  Which office is it?

Good point! 

On Samui unless extenuating circumstances they normally only allow you to apply a maximum of 10 working days before the current extension expires.

41 minutes ago, perconrad said:

My retirement extension started on the day I arrived in Thailand on the Non-O visa.

If you entered on a non-o visa it would of started on the last day of the 90 day entry from it not the day you entered the country.

Sorry to ask again but I'm still not clear when the extension would start in my case, i.e., 
if the reason for extension hasn't changed, the extension will begin on the date the original permit to stay expires on 15 November rather than the application date of 1 October, correct?

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you entered on a non-o visa it would of started on the last day of the 90 day entry from it not the day you entered the country.

I entered  Suvarnabhumi on the 18. october 2006 on a NON-O visa and my Retirement extension has been permitted up to 17. october every time since.

But perhaps the rules have been changed since 2006 or like some says that Phuket Immigration is special.

10 minutes ago, perconrad said:

I entered  Suvarnabhumi on the 18. october 2006 on a NON-O visa and my Retirement extension has been permitted up to 17. october every time since.

It has not changed.

Maybe they made a mistake whey you applied for your first extension of stay and nobody corrected it.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, DrJack54 said:

Put it down to me being incorrect (again).

Am I correct in saying that if you change reason for extension, example from retirement to marriage, that the 12 month permit will start on day of application? 

You are correct IF changing from marriage to retirement other way round not sure.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pawpal said:

Sorry to ask again but I'm still not clear when the extension would start in my case, i.e., 
if the reason for extension hasn't changed, the extension will begin on the date the original permit to stay expires on 15 November rather than the application date of 1 October, correct?

Thanks again!

Correct. Your updated permission to stay will expire 15-Nov-2022.

Hi,  I have similar situation is that my retirement extension from Immigration will expire on 18 October so if I go for renew or extend it on the 1st fo October, will the new date will start at the 18 October or the 1st of October?  
last year after having 60 day visiting my wife permit to stay and then change to retirement permit, the immigration put the start date on the day I apply for retirement which I lost about a month of previous permit.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, playboy said:

Hi,  I have similar situation is that my retirement extension from Immigration will expire on 18 October so if I go for renew or extend it on the 1st fo October, will the new date will start at the 18 October or the 1st of October?  

The 18th of October.

You changed the reason for your extension last year is why it it started on the day you applied.

19 minutes ago, playboy said:

last year after having 60 day visiting my wife permit to stay and then change to retirement permit, the immigration put the start date on the day I apply for retirement which I lost about a month of previous permit.

Thank you.

18 October 2022.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, Pawpal said:

Thanks again!

Don't go on 1st October, they will count this as 46 days before your extension date (15th November). Make sure it's clearly <45 days.