Retirement Visa - Letter From The Bank About Monthly Income

Thanks all in Advance for any Advice!

I am over 50 Years old, currently living here in Thailand on a "multible-entree-non-o" Visa, which will run out in September this Year ! I got informed, that when I can proove a certain monthly Income ( this should be more than 67k Baht - right? ),

I could apply at the Immigration for a Retirement Visa!

Is that right? How is the Procedure?

Now - I could give myself that required "Income" in selling monthly a certain Amount of my Investments, but how to find the right Words for that Statement from my Bank?

After having this Statement from my Bank, what I have to do further?

Again - thanks a lot for any Advice or Help!

I am over 50 Years old, currently living here in Thailand on a "multible-entree-non-o" Visa, which will run out in September this Year ! I got informed, that when I can proove a certain monthly Income ( this should be more than 67k Baht - right? ),

Now - I could give myself that required "Income" in selling monthly a certain Amount of my Investments, but how to find the right Words for that Statement from my Bank?

The income letter must be from your Embassy. It will depend on them what will be acceptable as documentation for them to issue the letter.

Some immigration will also require a bank statement of your balance in Thailand sme will not require this.

ID foto, application form, copy of passport, 1.900 baht and you should be ok for a year's ecxtension

You have the option of 800k baht in a bank account here for three months, or 65k monthly pension/income as indicated in a letter from your Embassy or a combination of the two.

What your Embassy requires will determine what method you can use to prove the monthly income. Normally immigration will accept the letter (but you should have some form of bank or pension paperwork to show them if requested).

If you do not have a 'genuine' income and are living off capital I believe it would be easier to go the 800k route per year rather than monthly earnings. Transfer 800k Bht into your Thai bank account 3 months before your application. Then just top up to 800k every year for new extension.

If you do not have a 'genuine' income and are living off capital I believe it would be easier to go the 800k route per year rather than monthly earnings. Transfer 800k Bht into your Thai bank account 3 months before your application. Then just top up to 800k every year for new extension.

I agree :o

I have heard that this 800k must be in a simple savings or checking account. Investment accounts or CD's here in Thailand are not acceptable. Is this true?

Depending on the immigration office a fixed deposit account has been accepted

I have heard that this 800k must be in a simple savings or checking account. Investment accounts or CD's here in Thailand are not acceptable. Is this true?

Depending on the immigration office a fixed deposit account has been accepted

That is why threads like these will never die. Not only does the law change but the implementation is random. I would hate to sink 800k into a time deposit 3 months prior to applying for the retirement visa, only to find out I was out of luck on the big day.

I would hate to sink 800k into a time deposit 3 months prior to applying for the retirement visa, only to find out I was out of luck on the big day.

Easy solution: make it a bit more than 800K, a bit more than 3 month before on a normal saving account of one of the big banks (Bangkok Bank LTD, Kasikorn etc) in a big branch where there are a lot of farangs going in and out.

This will work for sure.

If you try borderline, you may be lucky - or not

Regards

Thedi

A guy i know has just changed from an o to a multiple entry retirement in 2 days, cost him 25k, just filled out a load of forms and that was it, left it to the agent, apparantly he has a bank account book given to him also showing 800k in and out on the same day, the visa seems to be legit as we have just returned from overseas and there were absolutely no problems or issues at immigration, . I am not condoning this, i am merely stating facts,. Edited by mikethevigoman

A guy i know has just changed from an o to a multiple entry retirement in 2 days, cost him 25k...left it to the agent

That was an expensive agent.

1,900 Baht for the annual extension of stay for reason of retirement.

3,800 Baht for the multiple re-entry permit.

19,300 Baht fee for the agent, including VAT.

--------------

Maestro

A guy i know has just changed from an o to a multiple entry retirement in 2 days, cost him 25k...left it to the agent

--------------

Maestro

Maestro, It seems the agent also provided the bank book......saving him to 'borrow/find/have' 800k for 3 months ?

Maestro, It seems the agent also provided the bank book......saving him to 'borrow/find/have' 800k for 3 months ?

Ah, yes, now I see it. That service was worth something, too, of course. “...book given to him also showing 800k in and out on the same day”; it seems to have been during the time before the requirement to have the money in the bank at least 3 months before application. No wonder that new requirement was introduced.

--------------

Maestro

Ah, yes, now I see it. That service was worth something, too, of course. “...book given to him also showing 800k in and out on the same day”; it seems to have been during the time before the requirement to have the money in the bank at least 3 months before application. No wonder that new requirement was introduced.

--------------

Maestro

Yes I think a big part ofthe problem we have of the rules being changed/adapted little by little is in reaction to guys trying to beat the system making it more difficult for all.

This is not only in Thailand and not only with immigration matters. This seems to be a human problem

--------------

Maestro

Exactly :o

Ah, yes, now I see it. That service was worth something, too, of course. "...book given to him also showing 800k in and out on the same day"; it seems to have been during the time before the requirement to have the money in the bank at least 3 months before application. No wonder that new requirement was introduced.

--------------

Maestro

It was 10 days ago,.they didnt enforce the 3 month rule,.

Ah, yes, now I see it. That service was worth something, too, of course. "...book given to him also showing 800k in and out on the same day"; it seems to have been during the time before the requirement to have the money in the bank at least 3 months before application. No wonder that new requirement was introduced.

--------------

Maestro

Yes I think a big part ofthe problem we have of the rules being changed/adapted little by little is in reaction to guys trying to beat the system making it more difficult for all.

This is not only in Thailand and not only with immigration matters. This seems to be a human problem

I mentioned it really to show that it still goes on, it surprised me too,. the lady that did this visa is very well connected,.im not aware of the visa requirements at the moment and as it happens the reason he went to this agency is because he had only just got his money transferred and was worried that he couldnt show it in an account ( or be bothered ) and was worried about the 3 month ruling,. seems it didnt matter as the money was in and out the same day in the account they opened for him ( not his money ).after reading from posters on the forum i told him about the 3 month ruling and now i appear a fool as he couldnt wait to tell me it wasnt a requirement,.. Edited by mikethevigoman

It was 10 days ago,.they didnt enforce the 3 month rule,.

My guess is that the agent has friends, and some money was spent on tea........ :o

Im sure you are right,. i only moved back to LOS in nov last and thought this malarkay was all but finished but it seems its still alive and kicking,. at least by the thai operators anyway,..