Police called to restore order as chaos ensues at vaccine rollout in Trang

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

A scene at a vaccination area in Trang in southern Thailand was chaotic after the authorities in the southern province announced vaccinations for people in 11 sub-districts of Kantang district.

More than 1,000 people started queuing from 4 am.

Later in the day the place was heaving with people trying to jump the queuing system which was non-existent.

Some of the still shots shown by Ban Muang looked more like a melee as people hoped to get their first shot of Sinovac vaccine. 

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

Many thought it was too dangerous and headed home.

The police had to be called to maintain order and set up some semblance of social distancing. 

One area of the district has seen widespread quarantining after a cluster of 100 infections was isolated. It centers on the village of Koh Khiam.

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

was this a vaxx rollout or a super spreader event?

It was a ' one stop shop ' event. You cue to get infected and the vaccine on the same day. Much time saved. Pretty darn clever.

Wife had her vaccine yesterday and although it wasn't quiet this bad , the same method was used. Call all the Dtambons around to be jabbed at the same time on the same day in the same place.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

what we are seeing in those photos is an amazing medical experiment on humans.

if there is a pandemic and a highly contagous virus, than this crowd should result in

mass infections.

if there won't be so many infections, than it simply means that there is no pandemic, just

open the whole country and forget about this corona nonsense.

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

it wasn't Chinese rushing for the seafood buffet, it was the breakfast buffet

Man. I had quite the opposite experience at a little hotel down a soi near Phrom Phong in BKK. Like a 2 star, only 500 baht a night, with breakfast. The buffet was simple, cereals, fruits, breads, muffins. The guests were all quiet and orderly, Western tourists and Asian businesspeople. Then I'd conveniently walk around to the malls and bars. I'd love doing that again.

29 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Man. I had quite the opposite experience at a little hotel down a soi near Phrom Phong in BKK. Like a 2 star, only 500 baht a night, with breakfast. The buffet was simple, cereals, fruits, breads, muffins. The guests were all quiet and orderly, Western tourists and Asian businesspeople. Then I'd conveniently walk around to the malls and bars. I'd love doing that again.

Ha ha, I used to stay at a place called Patong Pearl Resortel every time we came to Thailand, was probably a 2-3 star, small with a pool and a street back from Bangla, then this American purchased it and upped his prices which was not worth it, then I saw The Novotel Vintage Park had a 55% discount which was on par to the Patong Pearl Resortel's increased prices, so it was worth every baht to there regardless of the Chinese invasion at breakfast, because after that they were gone. 

The above said, Phuket I now consider to be for newbies, as I now like Hua Hin.