Two arrests after teen has brain hemorrhage from stress after iPhone scam in Chiang Mai

webfact

Two arrests after teen has brain hemorrhage from stress after iPhone scam in Chiang Mai

8pmSUN.jpg

Picture: INN

Lt-Gen Kornchai Khlaikleung of Thailand's technology police announced the arrest of two teens who were involved in a scam selling iPhones for 5,000 baht to younger teens.

The arrests followed the death of a 14 year old boy from Chiang Mai who had a brain hemorrhage said to be a result from stress.

Arrested in Bang Bon in Bangkok and Pathum Thani were Narumon, 18 and Saifonpheung aged 19.

They claimed they only opened bank accounts for a 19 year old woman called Piyada who has previous for such crime.

A search of the home of Piyada's boyfriend resulted in the seizure of a BMW, tablet and designer bags. 

Forty others are believed to be victims of the phone scam, reported INN yesterday. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Never read anything on scientific papers conclusively and authoritatively linking scam-related stress to brain hemorrhage, especially one alleging iPhones to be the fatal and causative root of an aneurysm. No end to surprises. 

4 hours ago, mrfill said:

41 victims at 5000bt = 205,000bt

Enough to buy a BMW, a tablet and designer bags?

Well well, the price of living has taken a bit of a nosedive... unless its a BMW keyring, a yabaa tablet and they are BigC carrier bags

it was a regular BMW not the SMART ONE

18 hours ago, mvdf said:

Never read anything on scientific papers conclusively and authoritatively linking scam-related stress to brain hemorrhage, especially one alleging iPhones to be the fatal and causative root of an aneurysm. No end to surprises. 

I just had to google it, stress can bring on high blood pressure, causing a brain haemorrhage otherwise know as a stroke. apparently.

The story was on TV. Extremely poor family in remote area so it was a real sacrifice for them to send 5000 THB but the boy needed the phone to study. As the boy did not receive his phone he felt very bad for him and his parents. That story makes me sick myself so I can't imagine how he could feel. Actually, the parents went to TV reporters as police wouldn't bother investigate and apparently it worked. Just a(nother) very sad story in the end. 
P.S. : thanks to the medical experts here, I still can have a good laugh thanks to you all.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I just had to google it, stress can bring on high blood pressure, causing a brain haemorrhage otherwise know as a stroke. apparently.

That one can be charged and held criminally culpable for making someone feel stressed, whether it causes death or not, is a first.