Covid Insurance with Visa Exemption

I am hoping to return to Thailand next month. I am an Australian citizen and qualify for visa exemption. I recall that the visa exemption period was increased to 45 days, but I believe that it has been reduced now to its original 30 day period. Is this correct?

If I take out Covid insurance for 30 days, but then decide to apply for a 30 day extension to the visa period, will it be necessary to extend the insurance period too? Will immigration require evidence of the further insurance cover when I apply for the visa extension?

Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you for clearing that up DrJack54.

As part of the COE the embassy here (Nepal) require proof of paid accommodation after the quarantine period. I know this is a requirement for a Tourist Visa application, but I didn't think I needed it with Visa Exemption. Is this a standard thing, or are they just being particularly difficult?

6 hours ago, hopefc said:

As part of the COE the embassy here (Nepal) require proof of paid accommodation after the quarantine period. I know this is a requirement for a Tourist Visa application, but I didn't think I needed it with Visa Exemption. Is this a standard thing, or are they just being particularly difficult?

I entered visa exempt in July and nobody enquired about my accommodation after quarantine other than what is written on tm6 & 8 forms.

7 hours ago, hopefc said:

Canberra embassy also asks for this, however Sydney consulate does not. 

However, as the COE application site is the same used by everyone in the World, it does not mention in the instructions to upload accommodation after ASQ.

https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1

The time period (45 days) has not been reduced as of yet (wasn't last Saturday nor yesterday when a friend came in visa exempt).  I see the news today that supposedly some relaxed rules about entry will start November 1st for some areas; however, what's required (still a Certificate of Entry, covid insurance, some partial quarantine, or whatever) or whether they'll change the current 45-day exemption back to the usual 30-day exemption hasn't been spelled out. 

Presuming the covid insurance is required for your entry (and that's likely in October), it must cover your entire stay time period.  I recently came in visa exempt and had to buy the insurance for 2 months (offerings are for set time periods....1 month, 2 months, etc., and there is no option to just buy it for 45 days).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CMBob said:

The time period (45 days) has not been reduced as of yet (wasn't last Saturday nor yesterday when a friend came in visa exempt). 

If they do not extend the order for the 45 day visa exempt entries it will be 30 days after September 30th.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hopefc said:

I have no fixed itinerary after the quarantine period, so if the embassy insists on proof of paid accommodation for the duration of my stay before issuing the COE, what options do I have?

Normally they would only want some proof of where you will staying after arrival or at the end of the quarantine. It does not have be for the length of your stay.